on 30 August 2012
This was a brilliant product that my son loved. It contains 4 tanks and 6 infantry with, maps, rules, counters, stat cards and dice. You can move the map to any way you want and can do capture or fight to the death which my son does with his friend. it is a fun game to play that requires strategy and skill for a long lasting game.
on 23 June 2015
Disclaimer: I am a long-time Axis & Allies Miniatures player, so I am already very familiar with the models and the game system.

Axis & Allies Miniatures is one of my favourite games. I like the WW2 theme, I like the variety of game pieces that Wizards produced, and I particularly like that a typical match takes between 30 and 45 minutes to play. As far as miniature war games go, this is a pretty casual affair.

While the rules and unit statistics are all available online, the maps contained in this box can be difficult to find. So I have to recommend this box for anyone who wants to get into the game. If you just want to try the game out, you can download the rules and some of the older maps from the Axis & Allies Miniatures website.

The pieces themselves in this kit are sculpted at a 15mm size, which is a good size for compatibility with other miniature war games. The pieces aren't particularly detailed or particularly well-painted, but they are durable. My one complaint with this particular box is that it's difficult to make a starting army for the Axis player, considering that three of the four tanks are Allied. If you just pretend that the Germans are using a captured Soviet tank, then the game balances out fine.
on 27 July 2009
product was for my son who had collected the booster packs and needed the maps that were supplied, the whole family enjoys playing it