on 25 September 2011
This is the first time I have read the Icewind Dale series. I had previously read the Dark Elf Trilogy, which introduced me to the epicness that is Drizzt. These books are excellent value for money. The slip case is solid and strong and nicely decorated. The books are also solid and nicely decorated. The stories themselves are excellent. Salvatore is brilliant at setting a scene and developing the characters. IF you enjoy heroic fantasy, this is for you!
on 30 March 2010
This is an absolutely excellent series. I came in at book 4 on a friend's recommendation and would whole-heartedly agree with him that it is the right place to start in the Drizzt series; apparently books 1-3 were written after 4-6, although I have not confirmed this.

The only negative point I have to make is that there were a much larger than usual number of spelling errors in the book as if it had been scanned from an old copy and mis-interpretted and not proof read. This shouldn't stop you buying the books, it was just something that is a little odd and worth mentioning.

With deep characters, great action and a well told story, this set thoroughly deserves a five star rating.
on 1 August 2011
I just loved these books, I've nearly read the entire series.
These books are some of the best fantasy books I've read so far.

I accidentally came across these series, I bought a book that seemed
quite interesting: 'The Hunter's Blades Trilogy' When I read this book
(three books in one) I had a feeling that perhaps there were more books
about these characters. And yippie I was right. As soon as I looked it
up on the internet I ordered the entire set.

I will say it again,, I just love these books. These books were made
to be read over and over again. I would recommend these books to every
fantasy reader. Just read them ... you won't be disappointed.
on 11 November 2012
Awesome books i must say. I brought this set to replace the novels i had enjoyed many years ago as a teenager. One thing to note though is that the typeface in these re-printings is tiny. I would of got them on Kindle if they had been available, and the originals are hard to get and expensive. This is a great value set, but hard on the eyes and best consumed in shorter reading sessions. I found the originals hard to put down, but it's a strain with these copies.
on 9 December 2012
Well, I'm not going to review the actual books, because I guess that's just a matter of taste (I liked them very much). The hard box though is quite beautiful and it does a good job protecting the paperbacks. So... a good buy.
on 19 March 2015