5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book with a good cliff hanger ending...
Published on 1 April 2007 by P. Bond

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment... BIG TIME
This is the second instalment of the 'Disciple' trilogy, the first one being `Amber and Ashes'. I was looking forward to this book because I enjoyed `Amber and Ashes' and thus was curious to find out what happened to the main characters next. For my surprise I was bitterly disappointed.

Once again the world of Dragonlance is being changed and quite frankly I...
Published on 11 July 2006 by M. Tsimaris

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book with a good cliff hanger ending..., 1 April 2007
P. Bond "Specter_General" (Neath) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amber and Iron (Dragonlance Novel: Dark Disciple): Amber and Iron v. 2 (Mass Market Paperback)
Despite the earlier reviews on this page, i found this book really engrossing :) the characters are well defined (well the main ones anyway) and it deals with the "lesser" gods that you always wondered about and wanted to be more involved in earlier dragon lance books. Superb book with a really unexpected ending, I can't wait for amber and blood to come out. I recommend this series to any dragon lance fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Dragonlance, 31 Dec 2012
A great second book to a fantastic series and the final Weis and Hickman trilogy. Weis & Hickman team in the dragonlance universe is a MUST read for all fantasy fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 25 Dec 2007
Svartulf "Nigel" (Woori Yallock, VIC, Australia) - See all my reviews
I thought this was a great read and I am chomping at the bit for the last book - please hurry!

I am an avid reader of Dragonlance Novels and I like the direction in which this plot is taking us - since this is the main story of Krynn!

Keep it up Weiss and Hickman!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment... BIG TIME, 11 July 2006
M. Tsimaris (Cyprus) - See all my reviews

Once again the world of Dragonlance is being changed and quite frankly I am getting tired of it happening. From what the author gives away, we can assume that there is going to be another change in the number of Gods on Krynn but I will not say anything more on this for those who will be reading the book.

Let us recapitulate on the history of Krynn's Gods. The Gods "leave" after the folly of the Kingpriest of Istar and the Cataclysm. The Gods "return" just to "leave" once more following the Chaos Wars and once we find out what has happened (in the War of souls trilogy), AGAIN something is about to happen in the `Disciple' trilogy. For once just let the Gods alone and concentrate on something else.

I find the plot of low expectations and the twist which the author is planning to reveal on the third book totally predictable. When reading this book, think of Paladine.

If you have not read the first book on the `Disciple' trilogy I suggest you do not and just in case you have I would think twice on wasting money on the second one.

I hope Weis is reading the reviews because I used to consider the author a milestone on Dragonlance after the `Chronicles' trilogy but now my trust has been shaken.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where Does Dark Deciple Come Into This?, 16 April 2006
This book lacks anything good about the Dragonlane saga. It is mostly Chemosh moping around becouse he's in love with Mina. He's the god of death for heavens sake. Mina doesn't even fight the sea dragon mentioned and this book is the most disappointing book that Margeret has released and I loved the first one of this trilogy. Sorry to say but very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first,, 22 Mar 2006
Though still not up to what I expect from Weis, this work is stil enjoyable. I like a bit more action. The character developement is expertly done and many of the side characters I actuallay came to care about.
If you like her works, you will enjoy this one. Hope the third is better.
If you like books like this one, might I suggest another I've recently come across. The Unsuspecting Mage by Brian S. Pratt. It's another fantasy adventure sure to please. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Nov 2014
Great Purchase

Amber and Iron (Dragonlance Novel: Dark Disciple): Amber and Iron v. 2
Amber and Iron (Dragonlance Novel: Dark Disciple): Amber and Iron v. 2 by Margaret Weis (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Dec 2006)