Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 November 2004
As a flight attendent myself I have to say that this book is very true to life. The way Rene describes passengers, the horror of getting up at 3am, how nasty it is to be on stand-by and the secret phrases and words they use to describe passengers is fab! The only thing I don't really like about this book is the constant reference to how Rene really wants to be an actress, it's as if she's trying to sell her acting abilities to me, the reader. But overall, a great book!
on 11 March 2009
I found this book hilarious & never without a smile on my face,no matter where I was reading it
Got some strange looks too. But never the less a good read especially about being a Cabin Crew.
I say I funded a damm good purchase with this book, it made me smile so many times already & I've already put with my collections of Cabin Crew books.
Rene Foss was part of a film documentary,explaining the functioning of a Cabin Crew back in the dayz.
The film in question was "Over The Top" which starred Gweneth Paltrow in which she strives to become a Air Hostess,the troubles & the friends she makes along the way too.
A very enjoyable film with Rene Foss explaining a bit about herself compared to what goes on in the film.
Apparently this book is explain in the film documentary itself & gives you a more in sight.
This character in the book explains her highs & lows of a Cabin Crew,her desire of being an actress & her father telling her about the benefits that a job can give you,which lead her to applying for Cabin Crew the joys and woes of it all including sarcastic comments & announcements she makes & heard from other Air Hostesses.
Get both you'll see what I mean the Film(dvd) & book.
Enjoy people :D
on 13 March 2009
Excellent book! A good laugh! It really reminds me of the days when I was flying as it would be for every ex- or present cabin crew!
on 7 July 2013
I read this book quite a while ago so heres my review from memory. A great insight into the trials and tribulations of a flight attendant but dont treat it as a book that is a job recommendation because its a" warts and al"l book telling you of the bad side as well as the good i.e living out of a suitcase and the terrible hours it can entail.
on 15 April 2013
from previous writeups I thought this was going to be a really good book that would catch my attention strainght away and make me laugh. Unfortunatly it didn't. A disappointing read.
on 10 November 2012
An easy enough read, mildly funny covering the life and antics of a woman who becomes a flight attendant. Great if you just want something to pick up and put down between tasks.
on 8 April 2013
Loved the book as it was something I could totally relate to having been cabin crew for the last 27 years & experienced most of the the things written about by Foss
on 6 April 2012
I got this to bring back some memories of when I was with Virgin Atlantic, some of the book made me smile but found it a little OTT.
on 30 December 2012
Entertaining and funny. Would recommend but she bangs on a out with.g an actress a lot. Not great but not bad.
on 11 August 2014
Very fast delivery and as described thank you