5.0 out of 5 stars boring days are over
Published on 8 May 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good ideas
I've tried many of these types of books and have yet to find one that's really great. This one is good with ideas for babies and toddlers. It's the only one I haven't returned so I guess that says enough...
Published on 17 Feb 2010 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars boring days are over, 8 May 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby Days: Activities, Ideas, and Games for Enjoying Daily Life with a Child Under Three (Paperback)
If you don't know how to entertain you child throughout the day then this is the the book you need! Here you will find so many games and ideas which will fill your daily activities. The book is organised in few parts: mornings,meal times, nap times, afternoons, bath times... In every time you have games you can play in that particular part of the day. Games are distinguished by the age of your baby, and in every game you have guidelines about what will this game teach your baby, how much time you need to prapair it, the amount of mess it will make, materials necessary and what to do if you have few kids. Some games are really easy and you may say you could come up with them anyway,for instance, letting your baby enjoy the sun without her diper on, but most of the games are very good. And with this book you don't have to think what will you do today, as you just open the book and continue where you stopped yesterday.
If you want more scinetific approach to baby games and recent research on the topic then I highly suggest a book by Linda Acredolo and Susan Goodwyn: Baby minds. But in that book you won't find so detailed descriptions of the games as in this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A holiday life-saver, 23 Oct 2007
Mrs. Deborah Agnes (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
A quick look at this book will give you several fun and easy to implement ideas to fill a quiet patch in the day. I've a 10 month old and a 3.5 year old and there are ideas to amuse both of them. My 3yr old keeps asking that we take another look at the book as he's so enjoyed the things that have come out of it so far. A few of the materials required are specific to the USA, eg "Dawn" soap flakes, but I'm sure an equivalent could be found in the UK with a little effort - I've not used up all the ideas that don't need any effort yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have buy for new parents!, 21 Jan 2010
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
It may sound obvious thinking about what to do with a baby all day but believe me I'm a sensible mature adult and I really didn't know what to do with my baby when I took him home from hospital. He's now coming up seven months and I've had loads of simple ideas from this book. Some of them are so obvious I never would have thought they would be of interest to my baby but they have been.

It gives you ideas for how to get jobs done around the home when you have a baby and a toddler and activities that work well in a morning and on an afternoon. There's even some ideas on how to make feeding fun.

All in all this is a great book and one that seems like it would be a waste of money but isn't. I'm sure I'll be referring to it for the next few years.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good ideas, 17 Feb 2010
Amazon Customer (An American in England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 15 April 2013
Good read for ideas to do with toddlers. The layout is a bit weird...I'd prefer ideas in categories like messy play, kitchen play, etc instead of morning or afternoon play. Bit strange but regardless, the book is good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Common Sense, 23 Sep 2006
I was expecting to be wowed with a load of ideas I hadn't thought of or even heard of but instead this book is pretty much common sense. It is worth a quick read but not really mind blowing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Obvious things you never though of, 15 Aug 2012
I think when you buy a book like this, you are looking for something that i am starting to believe doesn't exist. An activity that will entertain your baby for hours, Well at least a few minuets. This book has some very obvious activities. Read a book, sing a song. But for the few new ideas it has given me, I would say it was worth the money (put cups on magnets on the fridge door for baby to put things in and pull off). My baby is 14 months old, so too young for most things and this book has more and better ideas for older toddlers. The ideas for the young ones are a bit obvious, however they are only obvious if you have thought of them. I'm sure you would find at least one new idea, but it's up to you to deicide if that's enough to warrant buying the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An original gift for a mother!, 27 April 2012
I bought this for a new baby as I wanted something a bit more original than baby clothes or toys and have been told by the parents of the said baby that it has proved very useful - though of course they would say that wouldn't they!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 5 July 2014