5.0 out of 5 stars It is an excellent book for the working mom.
Published on 11 Feb 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring
I found this boring,clap trap. I thought there would be practical guidance with ideas, no, it was the same old 'be nice to everyone you meet and it will come back to you' kind of idealism. We're all not perfect. But we already knew that before. I wouldn't like to live in this guys house. The moment it becomes 'normal', he goes reads his book to remind himself to be nice...
Published on 8 Feb 2009 by Jan J. Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars It is an excellent book for the working mom., 11 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family (Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Series) (Paperback)
I was so inspired and encouraged in this book. It was life changing for me. Although I'm gradually putting into practice its concepts and suggestions, it help lift my spirits on so many occasions. It let me know that others go through like experiences as myself. I highly recommend this book to any working parent. Our kids are our most prized commodity, so we should do all we can to make life at home secure, happy and peaceful for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Soothing!, 20 April 1998
By A Customer
So far, I can honestly say this book has changed my family life for the better! Having started reading it two weeks ago, I am more relaxed around my kids and spouse, and they are much happier. Such simple, easy to apply advice. Parenting books can be overwhelming with advise and the expectations to be perfect - this is the solution to the unrealistic demands we put on ourselves and our families to be perfect. Thanks to this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to read every day, 21 July 1998
By A Customer
Great book that is ! I read it whenever I found the time and with its small chapters full of great insights it puts all of your life in perspective again. From living in the present to reevaluating your goals in life this little wonderful book is full of beautiful, simple true insights in what is really important in life. I have it besides my bed and read at least one chapter every evening. And I will for sure start at the beginning again once I have finished it (for the second time)
I highly recommend this book to anyone who feels that todays society and its values are somewhat out of proportions. You willl realize that it all is just you...

4.0 out of 5 stars Take one day at a time !, 28 April 1998
By A Customer
This has hepled are family and it make you awhere of how we make unimportant items important and why are mind aloud us to do so. Great to read with pre-teens to help them understand how to get rid of stress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changes you can actually do, 6 May 2001
This book does not require you become a saint but shows how pratical changes in attitude can make a real differance to family life

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Well worth reading and putting into practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must....., 17 Jan 2014
As stated in a previous book from this man, for problems in a family ..this will really make you see why situations get so out of hand and how to solve them ...simply by calming down ....and as the heading says ..." Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ".....

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Fab!, 13 Dec 2012
I know about the original book, but have never read it, however, I work in the parenting field so I thought I might give this a go. There's lots in here for everyone, solid advice in a easy to read style -I think I got through the whole thing in an hour or two! A bit repetitive in places, but there's a gem in here for every family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give this book a go !, 20 Nov 2011
A. Boeing (York) - See all my reviews
There are those who may find this book unsophisticated and simplistic, and perhaps it is. However, perhaps that's also why it's so good ! The author's simple suggestions belie the difficulty of their application, but at the same time, make the suggestions more palatable. I think that in this day and age, there is a perception that a solution has to be complex and sophisticated to have merit - that may itself be a symptom of the problem. I get that life can be hard, but how we approach it has certainly has a lot to do with just how difficult it has to be. If you can't change something, sometimes you have to change the way you think about it - this book can help you to starting doing just that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brimming with nourishment.., 29 Sep 2007
Of all the phrases in this most enlightening little book that sums up Richard's philosophy for me about spirituality, is: "Circumstances don't make a person, they reveal him or her." The book is an ultra manual for daily living, that echoes the great theological traditions - East and West - without sounding preachy. As a long serving Stress Counsellor he has crystalized many sound strategies for bringing our hearts and minds into alignment with a holistic perspective that is so easy to overlook and neglect when we are too susceptible to fatigue and unfulfillment - and overwhelment! Make time for yourself is the key message that Richard gives, and then focus on the small things, which are incredibly big! Highly recommended. I am also deeply sorry to hear of his recent parting from this world late last year.. my heartfelt thanks for this book.

7.99