4.0 out of 5 stars Great theme, a little repetitive., 21 Jan 1998
This review is from: Sacred Hoops (Paperback)
This book explains why such a quiet coach has such impact. I felt that many of the main points were repeated, but they were good points, so no big deal. A great read, especially for Bulls fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every hoopster needs to read this, 27 May 1999
This review is from: Sacred Hoops (Paperback)
This book helped me find peace with myself on the basketball court. Concepts of teamwork and selflessness have never been drilled home so well. My attitude on the court completely turned around after I read and understood this book. I wouldn't go so far to say it changed my life, but it definitely changed my life between the lines of the court.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff with a great perspective !, 17 Mar 1999
This review is from: Sacred Hoops (Paperback)
This book is great reading for those who lose faith in modern day sports and society in general. For once, you hear someone talk about teamwork, selflessness, sacrifice, positive attitude, etc. These are foreign concepts to most of today's NBA stars, but are what success is really all about. I also applaud Phil Jackson for daring to be different. Seeing things differently is often at the core of many successes. In this case, its using the power of the mind and selfless attitudes that are positioned as keys to taking you to the top. These ideas transcend basketball and make for good reading for anyone. I only wish their were more "originals" with a conscience like Phil Jackson.

5.0 out of 5 stars profound reading experience, 2 May 1999
This review is from: Sacred Hoops (Paperback)
Like a sinner seeking salvation in the bible, Jackson's book, Sacred Hoops, helped change my life. His words helped me take control of my life by allowing me to understand who I truly am beneath my skin and within my soul. His vision helped me to see more clearly and if I could, I would thank him for showing me a path I would have never ordinarily traveled.

Sacred Hoops
Sacred Hoops by Hugh Delehanty (Paperback - 21 Dec 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01