5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it!!
Published on 20 April 2005 by a-jeho

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book shame about the price
For the amount it cost I was expecting a much bigger book. It was a gift for my son so I hope he appreciates it.
Published 20 months ago by Mrs. T.A. Albert

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it!!, 20 April 2005
This review is from: Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas": The Film, The Art, The Vision (Paperback)
This is such an amazing book, if you loved this film and want to learn more about it buy this book. Being interested in stop motion animation myself I have found this book so useful, letting me read about one of my all time favourite films and learning all the things I wanted to know about it. It gives you an insight into how the film is made, the making of sets and each of the main characters, as well as the words to all the songs. Its totally awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 27 May 2008
E. Scott - See all my reviews
I loved this film as a child and I still do now, so when I saw this book I decided to buy it as I am such a big fan! It has everything from Tim Burtons orginal art work of the characters to the building of the set/ models to all of the song lyrics.
It is amazing to learn how much effort went into the film and interesting to learn about the processes involved.
This book is a real treat to anyone who appreciates this film, animation and illustration.

A brilliant buy, totally worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU REALLY MUST HAVE IT!!, 12 Jan 2008
If you loved the movie, you really must have this book!!
It's a great work that presents how they created everything...
you can see the whole NBC'world and all the characters coming into life from the idea to the sketch, the drawings and then the animation!!
And it doesn't spoil the magic!!
'Cause IT IS TRUE MAGIC!!
And there are no tricks of the light to expose... ;o)

5.0 out of 5 stars an engaging tale, 27 Sep 2010
I found this graphic novel very beautifully drawn and was engaged by the strange characters and wonderful pictures.
thumbs up all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid accompaniment to the film., 12 May 2011
Mr. J. HARRIS (England.) - See all my reviews
I first saw "The Nightmare Before Christmas" as a child. I enjoyed it, although I didn't understand it and was left with a clutch of confused, half-remembered memories about a strange film that provoked in me equal parts terror and wonder. Eventually, I realised what that mysterious film in my memory was, decided to re-watch it and instantly fell in love with it all over again, only this time as an adult.'Nightmare' also provoked my long-term interest in stop-motion animation.

It was almost a foregone conclusion that I would purchase this book when I saw it on Amazon one day. When I subsequently received the book, I devoured the contents in one sitting on the day of delivery and read through it again several times over the subsequent days.

The book tells the story of 'Nightmare's creative and technical development, from initial concept through production to completion. It gives lots of detail regarding what went on 'behind-the-scenes' aspects, but presents its information in a manner that is easy to understand and enjoyable to read for the non-professional. The book includes contributions from various of the professionals involved in the process of bringing the film to the big screen, along with an abundance of supporting images. The packaging is very slick; the paper stock and print quality is comparable to a decent art monograph or fashion book, with thick paper and glossy, high resolution images which make it a delight to flick through over and over again.

Both in content and form, this book is as wonderful as the world Tim Burton created in the film. It is perfect for any fan of the film!

5.0 out of 5 stars The nightmare before christmas, 14 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This Book is a great manga retelling of the film,It stays loyal to the film with its plot and character design.If you have seen
the film and enjoyed it like me you will love this book.The artwork is great but not like previous manga books i have read.
This book is highly recommended for fans of Tim Burton and manga.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what we expected, 23 April 2014
The book cover is on back to front & upside down. I would have actually sent it back & complained but my daughter saved up her own money to buy & was so excited that I didn't want to take it back off her. But did have super fast delivery 😄 maybe the book was meant to be made like that? I don't know but I never seen it before unless it's been a printing mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Nov 2013
Amy Rietveld (Dunedin, Otago, NZ) - See all my reviews
Cannot wait to see sisters face when she gets this for xmas - she is going to love it awesome cheap and fast shipping thank u! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Art Work book, 9 Sep 2013
Bought as a present for my Daughter who is a Huge Tim Burton fan and was very pleasantly surprised at how good this book is covering the Art Work from the film
Highly worth the searching for

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book shame about the price, 24 April 2013