Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 October 2013
Splendid stuff. Rarely do I bother to rate books, few deserve the puff. Maybe it is only us older folks that remember what life and community was like. This book should be on the National Curriculum, so that children can learn about other possibilities other than living precariously. The effect of debt keeps our noses on the grindstone. This crisis: the rule of private property, tax avoiders, hedge funds, bankers. We need more Edward Snowdens, more Occupy, more solidarity. We need to stop working on the deck chairs and their rearrangement. Reread "The Emperor's New Clothes" by Hans Christian Anderson and see its relevance to our situation.

Download it and study it carefully.
on 10 February 2015
After a great first half I felt I had picked up a bargain. I began to lose faith when the book began to focus on the future, as it rapidly descended in to populism. The latter half, I felt, just lacked the seriousness which I found in the first half.

All in all, a reasonable short book and worth a read. You won't learn anything new but the authors eloquently sum up some of society's ills.
on 25 May 2013
An excellent product at an excellent price and excellent service. And the thinking behind this book is so of today and all the challenges we now face. Will buy here again.
on 11 March 2016