5.0 out of 5 stars A great book about a great golfing hero
I've just finished reading this book and I have to say it is a great read and is well worth buying.

Published on 30 Jan 2008 by M. Mansfield

1.0 out of 5 stars I never received it
I never recieved the book. However after a few email exchanges I got a full refund so I can't complain. However, disappointed as it was suppose to be for a Christmas present for someone.
Published on 10 Jan 2011 by HS

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book about a great golfing hero, 30 Jan 2008
M. Mansfield (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Search of the Greatest Golf Swing: Chasing the Legend of Mike Austin, the Man Who Launched the World's Longest Drive, and Taught Me to Hit Like a Pro (Paperback)

It is a story of how the author, Philip Reed, sets off to document the world's longest ever drive in a tournament set in 1974 by Mike Austin, and along the way wants to learn enough about this swing so he can transform his own drive of 200 yards into a more manly 300 yards.

The books gets off to a shaky start but I stuck with it. And after a couple of chapters I could no longer put it down. He helped me get to know more about Mike Austin, his history and his achievements.

It made me want to be there in the place of the author since Mike seems like a real character and a throwback to a different age and a different world.

It even gave me a few tips, and some hope, on how I might possibly be able to improve my own swing to give 300 yard drives. Now that would be nice.

Read this and give yourself a pleasant break from all those golf instruction manuals out there while enjoying a good golfing story.

5.0 out of 5 stars In Search of the Greatest Golf Reed, 10 July 2013
I can only describe this book as to be one of the most honest and truthful autobiographies I have read in a long time.
Funny in places, Philip's book is well written and very difficult to put down once you have started it.
A great read for all Mike Austin fans. You could enjoy reading this book if you knew nothing about Golf, if you are a Golf fan then it's a must buy. Mike Austin has always given 100% to every thing he done he's played golf stared in the Movies sang Opera professionally and was a prize fighter did I leave anything out sure I did read Philip's book 100% non fiction. Read it and laugh..........

1.0 out of 5 stars I never received it, 10 Jan 2011