on 1 January 2013
This is a basic beginner's book for learning to play a 12 pipe panpipe in the key of C.
Geared towards an Eastern Europe style panpipe.
There don't seem to be many books of this type on the market, so you may need to buy this one.
The problem I have already found with the book is that it teaches you the notes by way of illustrations of the panpipes, but with the panpipes facing in the wrong direction. By which I mean that the illustration is of the panpipes as seen by a person facing you, rather than as seen by you. This is very confusing and unhelpful, and a very strange basic mistake for the book to make, in my view.
The book came with a CD, but I could not get this to work at all, despite cleaning it - a complete dud.
The book contains a good number of basic tunes in C to practise on, and a few, but only a few, learning tips.
It is very disappointing, and has put me off learning.
on 9 December 2013
As you can tell from the cover, this is for older children. But make sure they can get some sound out of the flute before you buy the book. Ours has given up in disgust.