5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to play finger style this book is a must
This book is fantastic a real must for finger style / picking and so easy to follow with a great cd that you can keep up with - I had the Spanish fandango in my repertoire within a very short period of time and it is number 15 in the book the tunes are arranged in order of difficulty - I am not an accomplished player and have only been playing for 12 months and cannot...
Published on 30 Mar 2010 by sandman

3.0 out of 5 stars Too hard for us.
I am sure this is a good book if you were a very competent but My husband and I have been attending Ukulele Lessons for 3 months and were doing quite well. We thought it would be good to try something like this but there are many technical terms and techniques that we have not learnt. We can play rifts from tab but this is way past this. I bought it when looking at the...
Published on 24 Dec 2011 by Pauline Brighton

5.0 out of 5 stars A great start for new ukulele players!, 27 Mar 2011
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
I have been very please with this book and its cd. It is very helpful and contains a fairly nice variety of music to keep interest high. The book also includes notes to each song which really guide as one learns the tabs. I am happy I chose this book, just wish it had more pages and more songs!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm having great fun with this book, 9 July 2014
Mrs. S. V. Rowe (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
I'm having great fun with this book. Its starts off nice and easy, and progresses through to more difficult music. There is a very helpful cd which I've downloaded onto my lap top to make it easier to play, and tabs to help you learn different positions for some of the cords. Excellent book, well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting book, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
Not yet mastered the art of finger style or will I ever but a very interesting introduction to the subject Delivery and price good

3.0 out of 5 stars fingerstyle tution., 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
I was excited to learn of this book, its contents are very good, I have been studying the ukulele for about a year, but not ready for this book yet ,found it a bit difficult to grasp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - even for a novice!, 14 Mar 2012
J. Hall "jonahall" (Bedford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
As a 'ukulele beginner, I bought this as the most recommended fingerstyle tutor.

It's a great book. The arrangements are excellent, with several tunes appearing in the book twice - once in a simpler format and once with a more advanced arrangement. I am only at the stage of being able to play (rather haltingly!) the first five or six tunes in the book, but they sound lovely. The included CD shows you what they are supposed to sound like - and is a nice listen on it's own. There is a fair variation in the types of tune - from Twinkle Twinkle Little Star at the beginning (and even that sounds nice!), through Hawaiian, a bit of blues, classical etc. Many of the arrangements venture up the neck - which adds interest as well.

A bit of a challenge for the novice, but very rewarding none the less. I've bought a few 'ukulele books - this is my favourite so far. And playing fingerstyle makes a nice change from bashing away at C, G and A chords!

Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fingerpicking Uke, 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
This is one of the clearest, well laid out, user friendly Uke instruction manuals that I have come across. It is really great to learn to play a full piece instead of just strumming accompniment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 4 Jun 2011
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
I like this book. It has a lot of content for both the standard and baritone uke and sails through many different styles. There's nothing in here that is too difficult but there are some pieces that will challenge you. Each piece comes with a little blurb and they are also included on the CD. Give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fingerstyle Solos For Ukulele, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
Excellent book for instruction to learn to play the uke. I am a beginner although I have guitar experience but still an excellent starter book. CD to hear how the tunes should sound or to play along to. Plenty of notes for each tune to help you along. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars beyond expectations, 31 Dec 2010
Janet Lumb (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
As a beginner ukulele player but with some knowledge of music, this book is ideal. Each section looked difficult at first but the step by step guides, and the cd to hear what it should actually sound like, make real progress possible without the need for a teacher. Brill!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a Beginner's Book, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele (Paperback)
There are some excellent tunes in this book but for me they are too advanced. I would have lied a few more simple tunes.

Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele
Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele by Mark Kailana Nelson (Paperback - 18 April 2006)
12.02