4.0 out of 5 stars Value buys, 16 April 2009
Mr. Donald A. Arnold "Banjo Donnie" (Gerrards Cross, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Banjo Encyclopedia (Sheet music)
A very comprehansive review of the various bluegrass banjo techniques. Well worth the cover price. Very easy to follow and written in clear and simple terms. Ideal for a novice, and probably also an intermediate level banjo enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Aid for the determined, 12 May 2010
J. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Banjo Encyclopedia (Sheet music)
This book is awesome, full of detail and tips about banjos and picking. My guess, its one of those books where you might finish reading it but never finish referring to it. I find I am already referring back to sections to improve tone or speed etc.

Not recommended for the light hearted or easily distracted pickers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - What a stunning book!, 5 July 2010
Leon Crawley (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Banjo Encyclopedia (Sheet music)
I have learnt the guitar, and drums in the past, a year or so ago I took up the banjo ..... I really wish I had this book when I had started learning my first instrument, what a marvellous book,it even covers things like how to jam, how to back others, how to convert tunes, how write your own bluegrass style tunes, all of the skills could be applied to other instruments as well. Although this book is mainly about bluegrass banjo, it is also so much more, it really leaves other books for dead. GET THIS BOOK :) even if you do not play the banjo, it will be a massive help to learning any instrument!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent buy from Amazon., 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Banjo Encyclopedia (Sheet music)
I have a few books on banjo and heard about this on an American Web Site as the `bible` of banjo. Having started to study this book I an in full agreement. It is full of helpfull advice for the learner and accomplished player. The exercises are simple and well laid out to, hopefully, become as accomplished as the author. The book was priced over $38 but on Amazon it is available for little over 13 which is a very good buy. I would reccomend this to any newcomer to banjo

4.0 out of 5 stars banjo encyclopedia, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Banjo Encyclopedia (Sheet music)
this is another good book to go with my collection worth the money in this book you can get to the 12th fret

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Banjo Encyclopedia (Sheet music)
This is a good book for beginners and experienced pickets alike as it covers plenty of playing and also banjo know how. I would recommend it and it comes with a cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars bluegrass banjo - lots of info, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Banjo Encyclopedia (Sheet music)
This certainly contains a lot of information about bluegrass banjo playing - I would have liked a few more tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ross Nickerson Banjo Encyclopedia, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Banjo Encyclopedia (Sheet music)
This book is an excellent purchase if you have moved from beginner level playing the 5 string banjo. Well written and very usable for to expand playing and knowledge.
There is an intelligent fund of techniques and banjo information within, which I found broadened my knowledge and interest. Amazon is a great place to shop for Banjo
books. I have yet to see the broad range of Banjo books that amazon carries matched by any London music shop. All in all a 5 star buy

The Banjo Encyclopedia
The Banjo Encyclopedia by Ross Nickerson (Sheet music - 24 Sep 2003)
19.77