5.0 out of 5 stars So whos the lucky person to assasinate him?
Published on 14 Jan. 2001 by steven_mitchell@christianemail.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly Disappointing
This is the last of the books in this never-ending series of books, games, spin off series and more, that I actually made it through. The writing quality dropped with every volume. In less than two decades they wrote 16 novels - over 7200 pages in the main series alone. They have eclipsed Piers Anthony's Xanth which took many decades to write.

In this series I...
Published on 4 Dec. 2008 by Steven R. McEvoy

5.0 out of 5 stars So whos the lucky person to assasinate him?, 14 Jan. 2001
This review is from: Assassins (Hardcover)
Tim La Haye and Jerry jenkins yet again write a all exciting, action packed, emotional book. From the chapters back at the safe house, to the gripping finale, that leaves the reader in suspence as to who killed the anti-christ, I don't know (haven't got the next yet) but I don't think it is as obvious as it is. I bought the assassins on thursday from college, finished it by the following Sunday afternoon, hard to put down, yet again.

5.0 out of 5 stars No question, This is the best of the series!, 12 Aug. 1999
This review is from: Assassins (Hardcover)
This book is by far the best of the series. I agree that there are some tedious chapters in the first five books, however this novel moves much faster. As a reader, you have to look past the redundance and simplicity of the writing style and look for the true meaning of this series. The authors continue to impress me with thier ability to accurately tie scripture into the plot while maintaining a high level of suspense. They have taken a difficult subject and made it easy for both believers and nonbelievers to follow the chain of events. My only problem is that I have to wait six months to find out what comes next. This is a must read, but you must read the series in succession.

5.0 out of 5 stars It brings reality to Revelation!!!, 12 Aug. 1999
This review is from: Assassins (Hardcover)
What an awesome way to bring believers and non-believers alike in touch with Revelation. Biblical truths are expounded in the lives of fictional characters with unerring accuracy. It reads so much like our lives today that I could actually visualize the Rapture happening in my lifetime. Never have I read a book of fiction that felt more real. Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins have joined the realm of success usually reserved for secular authors such as Tom Clancy. A truly great read if you are a Christian or just interested in a fast-paced page turner. As you race from country to country and crisis to crisis, you can hardly contain yourself. I couldn't put it down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly Disappointing, 4 Dec. 2008
Steven R. McEvoy "MCWPP" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Assassins: The Left Behind Series, Book 6 (Basic) (Hardcover)

In this series I never really agreed with the author's theological view of the end times, even though the series started off as good fiction, with entertaining books that made a reader think about the end times. Yet as the series dragged on, the writing became weaker and weaker, and for myself and many I know the authors lost the audience. I never made it through the whole series and I doubt I will ever go back and finish it. It really is a pity as there was so much potential in this series.

Everybody is out to be the one to kill the Antichrist (Nicolae) - Mac, Abdula, Chiem, Rayford. But we are left hanging about what really happens. The Trib Force team again loses members, Doc dies and Leih joins the team. Cameron travels to Israel again and sees the two witnesses resurrected and called up to heaven.

However even with all the action this was the end for me. I did not make it through any more books of the 16 in the series. The books in publication sequence are:

Left Behind:
The Rising: The Antichrist is Born
The Regime: Evil Advances
The Rapture: In the Twinkling of an Eye
Kingdom Come

In the end it just seemed link a money-making ploy, with graphic novels, cds, teen versions, a video game and more. It is a pity this series dropped in quality so much. Jenkins went on to write an excellent trilogy - Soon, Silenced and Shadowed, that were set in a different interpretation of a future with a one world government.

(First written as Journal Reading Notes in 1999.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly Dissapointing, 4 Dec. 2008

The Rising: The Antichrist is Born
The Regime: Evil Advances
The Rapture: In the Twinkling of an Eye
Kingdom Come

(First written as Journal Reading Notes in 1999.)

5.0 out of 5 stars I could not put it down!, 14 Aug. 1999
This review is from: Assassins (Hardcover)
I received the book on Friday night and had it finished by Sunday morning. I just could not put it down! I can't wait for the next one to come out next year! The entire series has taught me so much about the book of Revelation that I find it a joy to read this portion of the bible, and actually am able to understand what it's saying. I encourage anyone who is confused about the last days to buy the book. It will open up your eyes and your ears to what is going on in today's world and remind you that we're coming dangerously close to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down!!!, 6 Aug. 1999
This review is from: Assassins (Hardcover)
I was introduced to this series after Soul Harvest came out and read the first four books in a week. The sixth did not disappoint. I bought it after work tonight and finished it in 6 hours... it was amazing. Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins keep building suspense throughout the book, and the end is still surprising. If you are a fan of the series you will love this book as much as the others, and more, as the world heads toward the second half of the Tribulation... don't miss out on this book!

2.0 out of 5 stars The Half-way mark, 7 Oct. 2007
M. A. Ramos (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassins (Hardcover)
This is the sixth book in the Left Behind series. It is also the first one in the series I did not finish in one sitting. It did not flow as well as the others, so as to lend itself to a complete reading in one evening. The book also spends a lot of time re-telling what we read in previous books. I felt this time like I read half a novel.

The book starts in the thirty-eighth month into the tribulation. But most of the characters seem a little too self serving in this book. Allowing their own desires to guide their actions. Whether that desire be derived from rage, revenge, self pity, or even guilt. Rayford spends most of his time focusing on Hattie or his desire to kill the Anti-Christ. Though I do like the description of the handgun that Rayford procures. And when the time comes for the assassination, there are a few characters to chose from.

The book ends in an old time cliff hanger where you are left guessing who it is that assassinated the Anti-Christ. Stay tuned for the next volume. I have read this far, so I will finish the series. Though most people my find this book suspensful, I did not.

3.0 out of 5 stars What Say We Slow Down A Bit?, 12 Aug. 1999
This review is from: Assassins (Hardcover)
To begin with, I am a Christian and, in general, I love the series and I know that souls are being saved by the seeds these books plant. So, I am 100% all for them.
However, it feels like in the last few the authors are feeling some sort of time crunch to race through the issues. From what I understand of Revelation (admittedly very little), each judgement is going to be earh shattering. In the series, some of them seem to just kind of happen, everyone is in quick anguish, and then we move on to the next page. My point is, I'm not sure that we get a feel for the true devestation that will happen. I felt it at the beginning in Left Behind, but now they just kind of now it happens, now it's gone kind of thing. Anyone else feel the same way? Lastly, Hattie bugs something huge! I'm hoping that she serves some kind of purpose to justify the pen space alloted to her up to this point! Still, my thanks and prayers for the authors who have certainly reached many lost souls through their obedience.
Godspeed,
Neco

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 29 Jan. 2014
As a non-religious person I knew very little about the Christian beliefs concerning the 'Rapture' and 'Christ's Second Coming'. I also felt a series based in religion would hold very little interest for me. How wrong I was!!! The books are fast paced, exciting and real page turners. The characters are believable and you find yourself immersed in their stories, wanting them to survive. I also learnt a huge amount and found myself considering what the Bible foretells, wondering if there actually is some truth to it. The 'Left Behind' series commanded my interest, fascinated me and changed my perspective on religion. I would recommend this series to believers and to those who may be sceptical (like I was) but who are willing to approach this with an open mind and a preparedness to be taught something as well as enjoying a fascinating read. Excellent series and extremely talented authors who know what they're talking about.

Assassins: The Left Behind Series, Book 6 (Basic)
Assassins: The Left Behind Series, Book 6 (Basic) by Jerry B. Jenkins (Hardcover - April 2001)
Used & New from: £2.00