4.0 out of 5 stars good read

Published on 13 Aug. 2012 by Angela Blair

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 30 Dec. 2012
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I picked this book up as a free download and whilst I have heard of the film have never seen it or know anything about it, so the story was completely fresh to me. I enjoyed it immensely, a light hearted fun story of a forty year old divorcee, Sarah, attempting to enter the dating world by placing a lonely hearts ad. There are some very funny moments in the book which has a host of larger than life characters, including some very cute kids who to be honest did seem a little too precocious for pre-schoolers. I liked the way the author kept the story moving with the three "candidates" who had replied to Sarah's ad, as I was never quite sure which one of them she was going to have a relationship with as the plot got quite twisty turny.

To sum up, a good romantic comedy which I enjoyed although I did find the ending to be rather abrupt and unsatisfying, almost as if a couple of chapters of the book were missing at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good book, 22 Feb. 2013
Started reading this as I found it in a cabin we rented for the weekend...and couldnt put it down. Had to buy it on the kindle to finish reading.funny, endearing with lots of laugh-out-loud moments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must love dogs, 5 July 2012
I particularly liked the supporting characters in this tale. Sarah's family are lovely and eccentric, especially her father. I also enjoyed the scenes in the classroom reading about Sarah at work with the children. Dolly, too, was great fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, 13 Aug. 2012
Angela Blair (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This was a pretty easy, reasonably entertaining holiday read. I read it after Madame Bovary so its maybe not fair to compare this slight piece to one of the great novels about character but to be honest i could have done with a bit more here. I liked the central character but would have liked to know about her motivation and reason for acting as she does. There is one amusing set piece when all the characters in the book sort of collide which is well done. Everyone seems to dress really badly.

3.0 out of 5 stars quite different but bad ending. Have to buy next book to find ..., 23 Jan. 2015
Interesting, quite different but bad ending. Have to buy next book to find solution, but will it be in the next book or will it keep going on

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ..., 17 Mar. 2005
SSmith (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this novel. The characterisation is brilliant, and I was sad to close the final page and leave the characters behind. Don't expect a complex, thrilling story, but if you're looking for a light-hearted romantic comedy, this is for you. Chic fic at its best. Can't wait to see the film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Jan. 2015
This book was a very funny enjoyable read

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, 22 Jun. 2012
Really enjoyed this book A really good read didnt want it to end a feel good book and it was free too so that was a bonus

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Jan. 2015
Funny and hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Love Dogs, 29 Jan. 2015
Great.

Must Love Dogs
Must Love Dogs by Claire Cook (Audio CD - Aug. 2005)
Used & New from: £31.52