Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 October 2011
this book was exactly what i required, i searched everywhere for a book like this to record my family tree and when i found it on amazon i was delighted, and was even more delighted when it arrived and i looked through its contents, i can now record everthing i need for my family tree and more! the book cover is so beautiful, its green with a bronze tree, the photo does not really do it justice, it is so expensive looking, for such a small price, i love it, went way beyond my expectations.
on 16 September 2011
I bought two of these as they are such good value for money. They arrived quickly, with a minimum amount of packaging. They are very good quality, in fact the photograph does not do them justice at all. A brilliant idea that saves lots of pieces of paper, and scrap books getting lost when you can have all your family history in one book to pass down to future generations. I would recommend buying two, as you really need one each.One for your family and one for your partner/husband's/wife's family. You could even buy one for each of your children and just copy the information from one book to the other. And NO, I'm not on a commission!!!
on 21 January 2013
This book has loads of pages and looks good but is very repetitive. I have inserted the same family members and their basic details many times! Also, It wasn't ideal as my parents are divorced and I was hoping to do my dad's tree in one book and then do the same for my mum, however, the book begins from 'husband and wife' so you either miss half of it out or fill it with details the recipient may have no interest in.

Each section begins with the husband and wife and then their parents but each time, you add slightly more detail, This was purchased as Christmas presents for my parents but I actually got bored repeating the same details and never got round to finishing one, never mind two!

There are pages for additional info, military records, deaths, pets, family homes, special friends etc that are very good but also very American, the 'our family homes' asks for the state you live in while the 'schools attended' page asks for dates of graduation and there are pictues of pumpkins on the 'holiday' pages.

Overall though, if I get round to finishing them, they will fulfill their purpose as a quick reference to family history.
on 12 December 2014
Brilliant book for filling in family history about your ancestors. You can start with yourself or your parents or your grandparents, basically anyone, there's space to fill in 8 generations and there's a family tree chart to fill in but also lots of space for all your stories and info. It is aimed at Americans but this doesn't spoil the purpose of the book! Perfect gift for family members if you have spent lots of time researching your family tree and now want to share what you have found with them.
on 6 March 2014
Fantastic product! Lovely gift for grandparents. Would definitely recommend. I have brought it for my mother in law who is tracking her family history. You can also dedicate the book to someone which would be lovely for grandchildren.
on 3 December 2015
Of all the books I looked at this appeared to be the best. As many people have commented it is geared to the American market but I just crossed out the titles of some of the pages. I had been warned that much of the information was repetitive, I just crossed out the headings and used the pages to record what I wanted. It is beautifully bound and keeps things all in one place.
on 24 January 2012
Lovely looking book but is more geared towards the American market by the word usage. therefore, disappointed. Also it is OK if you don't have any separations/divorce otherwise you have decisions to make on what info you enter to progress as is geared towards a general family tree.
on 26 July 2012
This is more for the american family tree its ok to pass on basic info but for a true family history not suitable.
on 27 January 2013
I have been tracing my ancesters through the website and wanted to collate the information. I had to use my parents as the main people as I am divorced and therefore didn't want to add my ex husband. The book is well presented and has plenty of room to add photos etc.

I am keeping the book so I can pass it to my grand-daughter Lucy when she gets old enough to understand. Thanks
on 5 July 2016
This book is probably aimed at the American market the way it is written. However, my father is making good use of them in writing up the family history from scraps of paper etc. He is very pleased with them.