Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 July 2006
A friend lent me this book while I was staying with her and I became very elusive as a snuck away constantly to finish it before i left! This is a lovely heart warming book about what makes us really tick as women, and how we can discover the relationship we are meant to have with our saviour. It addresses what goes wrong when we live life with our deepest needs and desires unmet, and how our true beauty can be accessed by allowing our creater to romance us the way we have always desired. I loved the new take on some familiar bible verses and the way the Adam and Eve scenario was revisited. The use of quotations and extracts from worship songs was helpful, as was the way both writers took turns to tell bits of the story from male and female perspectives. They write with great sensitivity and honsty and you feel more and more loved and important with every page you read.

This is a book which will give you hope, make you face up to the truth about who you are and help you to fall in love all over again with the God who made you because he needed you to exist.
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2008
I have never written a review before. But i just had to regarding this book. I love reading and have read lots of books, but i believe that this is probably one of the best books to date.I cried whilst reading it(haven't even finished reading it yet).I am just so overwhelmed,in awe and truly humbled that God almighty, the creator of all the universe truly longs for and wants to be loved by me.I now have a better and new understanding of God's love and desire for me.I recommend this book to all women (14 - 140years old),saved or not. This book will help all women understand the essence of a being a WOMAN. And any man that claims to really love a woman SHOULD and MUST read this book to help them understand, treasure, appreciate the gift(woman) that they have been blessed with. A truly captivating book! Well done Stasi Eldredge
on 9 May 2008
this book is amazing, it renewed and revitalized my love for Jesus, and has really helped me in my relationships! It is an amazing book! I've since passed it on to many female friends who have also been affected greatly by it.One friend even found the Lord through it! It's like all the secrets you were never told. It fills the hole in your heart and Lifts depression! revealing the scams of life and society and the ravaging damage they have upon us! Then it pours in healing! a great book i cannot recommend enough. but dont bother buying one, get at least 2!!!
on 13 May 2008
I read this book for the first time three years ago, when I was a 15 year old with the self esteem of a snail. It utterly changed my way of thinking about myself as a girl/ woman and enabled God to work deep healing in my life. This book takes you on a journey of discovering both God and yourself: it is constantly uplifting and full of wisdom. I would recommend it to any woman who needs to discover how much God really loves her (or to any man who wants to understand women better!)
on 29 September 2013
This book made a few good points, but a huge amount of heretical / totally subjective ones which far outweighed the good parts. The general gist of the book to me (as a husband) seemed to be 'The number one thing God wants from you is to be beautiful, and that is your primary calling on this earth'. Now I should clarify that by stating that they mean 'inner beauty,' but all the same, the Bible suggests to me that we are all here, regardless of gender, first and foremost to Love God with all we have, and to love our neighbours as ourselves. For this reason I found myself shaking my head and rolling my eyes ALOT as I read this book start to finish. It might be helpful to women who are struggling with the issue of inner and outer beauty, but the point is overstated too strongly, and moves into the realms of heresy quickly and easily, so that any serious theological academic, male or female, is likely to find it highly patronising and immature. Not a good read.
on 15 July 2008
This is one amazing book. This is not your "5 Steps to happiness" kind of read, but heart surgery. Things that we all know somehow, but more than often choose to ignore. Buy 10 and give it to your friends! you will do them the biggest favor ever!
on 3 October 2009
This is an amazing book.I found it encouraging, invigorating and empowering! I encourage all women to read it and find your self worth and confidence as the female of the species.
Worth reading again and again!
on 1 November 2010
This book is extraordinarily insightful! You read it and it just echoes true in your soul. Very easy read but there are so many items tackled it deserves a second read to digest fully and extract the full benefit of what is said.

This book turned my thinking right side up on subjects such as The Fall, the role of women, the value of a woman, why it is good to be a woman, what value men are to women, how to value true masculinity.

I highly recommend it to every woman and young girl as a way to restore the value that is yours and be a blessing to your world!
on 22 July 2007
I bought this book a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised by its directness and relevance. I was given it for Christmas last year and read it again with enthusiasm. It is full of insights about what it's like to be a woman; things I've always thought but never dared to say out loud. The book encourages us to see ourselves the way God sees us and allow ourselves to be loved by him completely. I really appreciated the fact that the book mentions examples of women in all kinds of situations; single and married, young and old and shows us that we all have the same deep longings inside. I found it extremely comforting and affirming as I realised I'm not silly to have the desires I have, but that God put those desires in me so that he could be their fulfillment.

A fantastic book which I highly recommend to all women! And to men who seek to understand women better.
on 7 June 2013
As a christian woman I wanted to gain an understanding of what God had created me for? Also I was tired of trying to live up to society's perception of what a christian woman is meant to be? I'm tired of having to justify my faith and how it empowers me to be a better person. I'm far from perfect and I know that I make mistakes every day, but I still strive to live in accordance to my faith. This book has helped me to gain an understanding of who I am in accordance to God's word. Also it has helped me to accept my femininity, my desires, my aspirations and to be honest with myself and to stop trying to be superwoman!!! Every woman should read this book as it provides you with an understanding of oneself. Its a very easy read, honest, funny at times and enlightening.