1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Was that the end of the world?, 19 Oct 2013
Mr. Mice Guy (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: X-Factor - Volume 20: Hell on Earth War (X-Factor (Numbered)) (Paperback)
The story running through issues #250-256 of X-Factor is collected as X-Factor - Volume 20: Hell on Earth War (X-Factor (Numbered)). This is the first volume of this title that I have read since somewhen in the 1980s when the book starred the Original X-Men (as opposed to the All New All Different Uncanny X-Men), so I have no idea what went on before, or even who a number of these team members are, and of the ones I do recognise, I have no idea what they are doing here. That being said, this was a very enjoyable story, with some excellent artwork, some of which reminded me of Gene Colan's work - which is the highest compliment I can pay an artist.

The basic plot elements are - Wolfsbane has a new son, Tier, who happens to be the seven-billionth soul born on Earth (which means that, as I suspected back then, in `Doctor Strange' #13 (1976), the Sorcerer Supreme managed to replace everybody's soul, as opposed to creating new ones, or this adventure should have happened back then - see Marvel Masterworks: Doctor Strange - Volume 6 (Marvel Masterworks (Unnumbered)) for details), and that whichever lord of Hell kills him, will become supreme ruler of the other lords of Hell. What they don't know is that it literally cuts both ways, as Tier can also `kill' them. One of the team is seriously, if not fatally ill; an old member of the team is trying to kill Tier before the Hell lords can do it, to stop them from gaining power, and there is the usual inter-group character interactions. Anyway, the team gets involved in much running away, fighting back, and overcoming great odds before [spoiler]. Hopefully, the story is continued in a subsequent volume, because, despite this being my first modern X-Factor story, I want to know what happens next, and I shall be hunting down previous volumes in my local library.

X-Factor - Volume 20: Hell on Earth War (X-Factor (Numbered))
X-Factor - Volume 20: Hell on Earth War (X-Factor (Numbered)) by Leonard Kirk (Paperback - 16 July 2013)
9.85
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available