on 2 July 2014
Before reading this comic book I hadn’t read anything from the 90’s X-Men, so I didn’t know what to expect from this comic book. I bought it because I’m a Jean Grey fan –and a hopeless romantic- and I thought this would be the perfect story for me. And I was right! If you are like me you will enjoy this story for sure!

First of all, there are a LOT of things in this comic book. You get: X-Men vol.2 #27-30, X-Men Annual #2, X-Men Unlimited #3, Uncanny X-Men #308-310, Uncanny X-Men Annual #18, X-Men:The Wedding Album, What If? #60 and many extras (including 2 articles about Jean and Cyclops’ wedding, covers from other comic books, trading cards etc.)

I especially liked X-Men #27 (it has amazing artwork and a truly dramatic ending), X-Men #28 (including an awesome fight between Jean Grey and Sabertooth), X-Men #30 (the actual wedding), X-Men:The Wedding Album (including Jubilee reading Jean’s diary; it is a very funny issue) and Uncanny X-Men #308 (in which Jean and Cyclops decide to get married). Additionally, the What If issue is fascinating. It includes three stories telling what would have happened if:
1) Jean Grey and Cyclops had married earlier
2) Jean and Cyclops had never fallen in love
3) Phoenix had fallen for Wolverine
All three pay off and have unexpected endings. My favourite stories are the second and the third.

The artwork is a mixed bag. I loved Andy Kubert’s art (and the art in the X-Men annuals) but I didn’t enjoy John Romita Jr’s art that much. Also, the What If’s art is brilliant and the colours pop out.

In conclusion, this isn’t a must-have for an X-Men fan, but it is an enjoyable comic book and essential for Jean Grey/Cyclops fans.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 27 December 2013
This trade paperback may not contain anything hugely significant (the wedding of Scott Summers and Jean Grey was a long time coming but is hardly pivotal), however there are good stories and some great artwork, all linking together with the other X-Men Omnibus graphic novels very nicely. Only really essential for completists (hence why it's only available in paperback rather than hardback) but a good read for any X-fan.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
X-Men: The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix
X-Men: The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix by Jeph Loeb (Paperback - 30 Sept. 2014)

X-Men: A Skinning of Souls (X-Men (Marvel Paperback))
X-Men: A Skinning of Souls (X-Men (Marvel Paperback)) by Fabian Nicieza (Paperback - 3 Dec. 2013)

X-Men: The Road to Onslaught Volume 1 (X-Men (Marvel Numbered))
X-Men: The Road to Onslaught Volume 1 (X-Men (Marvel Numbered)) by Scott Lobdell (Paperback - 4 Feb. 2014)