5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Series
The Invincible Iron Man series is fantastic! I've bought all of these graphic novels in order, they are fantastically well illustrated and the story line is engaging throughout!

Invincible Iron Man was the first 'comic' that I had ever bought, I've not been disappointed once.
Published 22 months ago by Sam Webb

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, all told
Published 14 months ago by William Axtell

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, all told, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Invincible Iron Man Volume 6: Stark Resilient - Book 2 (Iron Man (Marvel Comics) (Quality Paper)) (Paperback)
O.K. I'm reviewing Stark Resilient (Vol. 5 and 6) as one unit as it would be strange only to buy one part. Also, I got this in comics form but being British they come in collections and I think this story may have been rather edited to save space. Nevertheless, I still think I can review the story. First up, those who say there is no action are wrong. No, it is not a bam-bam extravaganza but so what? This tries to be a more cerebral and characterful experience. But there are still two clear action scenes in the whole thing. I like this version of Stark too, contrite yet standing up for himself and trying to be really better with a new green and egalitarian agenda! However, I do have a few issues. First, I don't really like the artwork. It is a bit vague and ill defined for me and I do like bright and vibrant armour among other things. Also, everybody looks a bit scruffy. The second issue I have is that the machinations of the Hammer women is not particularly sparkling and realistically it was not difficult for Tony to deal with. Really, the story is more about Tony rebuilding his business and relationships and his enemies manoeuvring themselves in a position to attack him than any real combat. Still, it is not bad at all and helps set up Iron Man and Tony in a new direction after the whole Civil War/Norman Osbourne disaster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Series, 20 Jun 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Twists for the man of Iron, 10 Jun 2011
Continuing from Stark Resilient book 1, this is Stark trying to pave the way for the future and reboot himself, Pepper and his company. The action builds up and the plot twists are a'coming. I loved the artwork in this edition and certainly I'll be looking out for the next installment of Iron man.

ARRAY(0xa20e8a5c)