Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 December 2011
Alpha Flight Classic Volume 2 TPB

As I had been waiting for 4 years for Marvel to publish this Tpb since its initial solicitation - I was very eager to add this to my library!
The Tpb exceeded my expectations as I was looking forward to re-reading the team's first clash with Omega Flight & the death of a team member,(I won't spoil it here...) - but had forgotten the Sasquatch v Super-Skrull clash & the Sub-mariner's guest starring role in the follow up stories.
John Byrne has in my opinion received some unfair press in recent years - but this Tpb includes some of his best art work & story telling - its just a shame that other Marvel writers have made such a hash job of the teams adventures since.
(Are they dead again? Or have they been brought back for the 5th time yet?)

Highly recommended! - Hopefully Marvel will publish Volume 3 soon, which would nicely round off John Byrne's stories.

Steve O
on 7 March 2014
Free from many of the entaglements of writing for the 'Marvel Universe' Byrne is able to explore several different avenues with his characters.
Here he can create their back stories, rather than working with established concepts as he had to on previous series such as Avengers and Fantastic Four.

This really is a series for 'grown ups'. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.