Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 February 2009
Spider Man plays a key role through out the entire Civil War. Peter can't see which side he is one and after he makes the wrong move, he is forced to switch sides. The book shows the talks he had to go through with not only his family Mary Jane and Aunt May, but both the key players of the Civil War, Tony Stark and Captain America.

I like a lot of things about this book. The story is so gripping because you find out what has happened behind the scenes of the Civil War, not only for Peter Parker but for the people around him. The writing is good along with some very, very good illustration. You really do get to see the effect the Civil War has on him from the emotion that is clear to see in the book.

If you like the Spider Man character this is the book for you. If you want to know more about the Civil War and see things from Spider Mans perspective, simply, you will love this book.
I used to be a comic book fanatic when i was younger. Then eventually i stopped for 2 reasons. 1, i couldnt afford them anymore and had to choose between my love of comics and my love of films, i chose films and because the continuity was driving me mad. You couldn't just buy for example The Amazing Spiderman. If you wanted to finish the story off, you had to buy not just all the Spiderman titles but every Marvel comic. But just lately i have rediscovered my love of comics and the Marvel Civil war was my first graphic novel in years which is why i brought this Spiderman book, the character being a particular favourite of mine. A very enjoyable story with good artwork and great characters. I'd always wondered what J. Jonah Jameson would do if he ever found out that Peter Parker was Spiderman and in this you find out! Well worth a read, but make sure you get Marvel Civil War first.
on 26 December 2009
This was the first Marvel Civil War graphic novel I read, and I think its the best by far.

I wouldn't recommend reading this one first.. I'd read Road to Civil War, Civil War, then this one. (Then maybe Front Line I/II, and skip the rest)..

But this is the best by far - Peter is conflicted, not sure what side to join, but needing to help his friends. Aunt May has some gems of wisdom - and Peter shows, time and time again, why he's the most human of superheroes.

If you only want one Civil War read, this is the one. Loved it.
on 1 February 2016
As a huge fan of the Civil War storyline I had not read a great deal of the tie in material. I chose to start with this because spiderman is so pivotal to the story. This is a really interesting run from the 'amazing Spiderman' series and picks up on all the things that go on behind the scenes in the Civil war run. I took a great deal from this story and felt that it was a perfect companion piece to the spectacular Civil Way.
The writing is excellent and the art is great too.
Overall if you are a fan of the Civil War story and want to go deeper then get this book.
on 12 January 2013
Liked the storyline, but felt I missed quite a bit by not reading the main civil war storyline of books
on 15 November 2012
I bought some of the Civil War novels fairly catiously as I'm fairly new to comics, but I was very pleased with this, good story shows the struggle of not just Spiderman but also Peter Parker during this event, with a great twist at the end. Hope this helps.
on 15 June 2016