5.0 out of 5 stars An all round guru.
Published on 4 Jun 2006 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative but could be better
Published on 12 Sep 2010 by Marko Dj.

5.0 out of 5 stars An all round guru., 4 Jun 2006
This review is from: The Complete PC Upgrade and Maintenance Guide (Complete PC Upgrade & Maintenance Guide) (Paperback)
I have been reading Mark Minasi's books now for 3 years and it's helped me out loads, this edition is no different in my opinion, the way it is all explained i find helpful, it's not explained in a high brow manner, takes you from the bottom and works you up, i would recommend buying like i did a few pc books as not all are as well written but i can honestly say your on a safe bet with Mark Minasi.

4.0 out of 5 stars what i wanted, 5 July 2011
Prior to purchsing this book i had done a fair bit of research. My reasons for buying is to improve my basic PC skills and assist in understanding how PC's work and the basics in fault finding. I am at present working my way through and still learning. What i have covered off so far i am happy with and find it an invaluable aid as well as refresher. I feel it willl be of use for many years to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative but could be better, 12 Sep 2010
In general I find this book is very informative. It contains a lot of useful information and advice in reference with the subject in matter. Therefore I think many of us could use that knowledge wisely when dealing with our PC's. However, my impression is that the same amount of information could be transferred to the reader with much less words. Some of information, and the story Minasi is creating around information is completely unnecessary, and makes the reading process dull and strenuous. The book also contains a lot of information about software to hardware issues, which I believe cannot be that useful. I was hoping to see more hands on approach, more photos, and more precise instructions on how to deal with computer hardware. It seems to me that it would be much better to try to focus on only one side of the issue (such as hardware) and dedicate the book completely to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, 28 Mar 2010
Mr. John Donnelly "IT PRO" (IRELAND) - See all my reviews
fantastic book for every one from the novice up to the it pro not all geek speak but you will understand geek speak after reading this fantstiic book

Used & New from: £6.70