5.0 out of 5 stars An excelent title which I found more then just enough.
Published on 15 May 2006 by Mr. S. A. Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Very drawn out
I bought this book based on the reviews below and have to disagree, I have taught myself to be able to use photoshop and many other programmes to a fairly advanced level.

Published on 5 Oct 2007 by Mark G

5.0 out of 5 stars An excelent title which I found more then just enough., 15 May 2006
This review is from: Just Enough AutoCAD 2006 (Paperback)
Autocad is an immensely powerful and deep tool. Yet it can also be very intuitive once you know how. This book is a fantastic little reference (I say little, but the book is virtually comprehensive in it's coverage of all the important angles you will need for average everyday use, without getting bogged down in all the perhipheral connotations of showing you every possible use of every possible tool.

The book is very well written and structured, with simple execises to practice as you go along to reinforce the theory, which helps you learn stuff very quickly. This book fills in a lot of the gaps in your knowledge and ability, and is actually very satisfying to learn from. It makes learning Autocad 2006 a real pleasure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall very good but does take it's time getting to the important stuff!, 2 Nov 2006
Mr. Kevin M. Mawdsley (Lytham St.Annes, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Enough AutoCAD 2006 (Paperback)
This book is good and well worth the money to buy it. I wanted a fast, straight to the point tutorial that told me what I needed to know to use AutoCad properly. Chapter 1 goes through the workspace and getting used to what all the icons and tools do. Myself being an ex. toolmaker and now a Flash/Photoshop/Dreameaver professional they all made sense but the explanation did seem a bit slow and I just wanted it to explain things faster and get me to the drawing stage. Mid-way through chapter 2, I decided I would start a drawing using what I had learned so far. I then just referred to the index when I needed to know how to do something and read the relevant page! I worked with the installed tutorials as well and I have learnt how to use AutoCad 2006 in 3 days. I use Flash 8 to draw vector images for the web and my experience of using this helped me. Some of the drawing problems I worked out for myself but this book was well worth the money and is still used regularly and is next to my PC. Now... if there was 'Visual Quick Start Guide' for AutoCad, as there is for Dreamweaver 8, that would be the one to buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very drawn out, 5 Oct 2007
Mark G (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Enough AutoCAD 2006 (Paperback)

I expected to be able to jump straight into autocad and am really struggling to even get the basics. I sat for days plowing through this book, in some instances i read in great detail pages of stuff which turned out being very elemetary which could have been put in a sentence, the problem here is that the space given to some things made them seem important then when i got to the end thought "why didn't they just put that in twenty words". The issues that I specifically want help with seem to suffer from the opposite! there seems to be huge depth to the very basic things and then glossing over the more advanced bits.

Maybe it is just me but I find the book so difficult to negotiate that I gave up with it completely after a couple of weeks, I'm going to try the "for dummies" book now instead to see if that is any easier to read.

Just Enough AutoCAD 2006
Just Enough AutoCAD 2006 by George Omura (Paperback - 22 April 2005)
15.11