4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Hands of Trinidad and Tobagao - Excellent Book, 25 Mar. 2009
I own this book and the Naparima Girls' High School Cook Book. The Naparima Girls' Cook Book I think is better as it has more illustrations and the recipes are easier to follow and my husband says they taste authentic. My husband is Trinidadian and I wanted to learn how to do the dishes he grew up with e.g. roti, dhal puri, doubles and also let my children experience their culture. Sweet Hands is a very good cook book and I usually use both of them when I'm doing dishes. The only draw back is that I'm not Trinidadian so I have no idea what the dishes should look like. I end up asking my husband does this look right. When I was cooking Dhal Puri on my tawa (my mother in law gave it to me as a gift) and the roti started to rise I was a little shocked, but he assured me that this was right! If you can't get your hands on the Naprima Girls' Cook Book then this is worth buying or if you want to cover all your bases regarding Trinidadian cooking then buy both!! PS In Sweet Hands the Aloo Talkari dish is lovely!! mmmmm very nice. I'm giving this book a 4 as I think the Naparima cook book is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book!!!!, 12 Aug. 2008
Ms. S. D. Findlay (England) - See all my reviews
Firstly, I would just like to say, what a wonderful service Amazon provides as I got the book the next day. When opened, it had me reminicsing to when I was in Trinidad and my saliva was overflowing in my mouth. All the food you could think of that Trinidad has to offer is there and a little bit of history thrown in. Hopefully my father will appreciate this (I am sure he will) and even cooking a few receipes, as it is a wonderful present to give anyone who loves the Island.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Hands Island Cooking from T&T, 29 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Sweet Hands: Island Cooking from Trinidad and Tobago (Paperback)
Purchased this book as a birthday present which was received with great thanks. Good home cooking from T&T but I felt it did leave out some well known dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Hands, 7 Oct. 2007
Tami Brady "Integrated Whole Health" (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Sweet Hands: Island Cooking from Trinidad and Tobago includes a variety of traditional island dishes including both sweet and hot main meal meals using beef, chicken, pork, goat, and lots of fish. There are also a lot of spicy vegetable main meals and side dishes and some really nice desserts, many making use of the sweet taste of coconut.

The recipes in this book are simply delicious, extremely filling, and will be enjoyed by even the most finicky audience. The food is often quite colourful and beautiful looking, even when I cooked it, which strangely seems to add more enjoyment and taste to the meal. One should note, however, that many of the recipes in this book are so tasty because it takes a good deal of time to prepare these dishes. Some of the meat marinades need to be prepared two days in advance and many of the dishes include dry chickpeas and split peas that have to be soaked overnight and then cooked before the recipe can be prepared.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
fantastic book i can't wait to try out the recipe's

5.0 out of 5 stars Cook Book, 24 April 2013
Having recently visited Tobago i can now try to create some of the lovely recipes that we tried whilst on holiday, Plenty of good recipes inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Christmas, recipients loved it, 16 Mar. 2013
W. O. Smith (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I bought a copy for my relatives (half Trinidadian). They spent half the Christmas holidays browsing through the book and reminiscing about who used to make what recipe. Since then they told me they've used it a number of times and loved the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars My hand is very sweet, 24 Feb. 2013
I have just made the Aloo Talkari and how wonderful the taste is. I am so glad that I bought the book and will continue to explore more.....

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BOOK, 18 Nov. 2012
VERY GOOD,SHOULD HAVE MORE PHOTO'S TO COMPARE WITH
REMINDS ME OF MY CHILDHOOD AND FOOD I USE TO WATCH MY AUNT MAKE.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trinny Food, 17 April 2012
Brilliant cookbook, but some of the ingredients need to made more clear, ie alternatives. Need to be careful with some of the measurements.

Sweet Hands: Island Cooking from Trinidad and Tobago
Sweet Hands: Island Cooking from Trinidad and Tobago by Ramin Ganeshram (Paperback - 14 Sept. 2010)