5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book
I use this book in conjunction with a "Teach Yourself Ukrainian" text book, and it is invaluable, particularly because it includes guides to pronunciation with all the words and phrases. I consider it to be an excellent buy.
Published on 29 Jun. 2012 by Mr. Vernon B. Mason

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but basic
Published on 4 Sept. 2010 by MM

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but basic, 4 Sept. 2010
MM (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ukrainian-English, English-Ukrainian Dictionary (Hippocrene Practical Dictionaries) (Paperback)
I have just received this dictionary and have not used it much yet. It is a softback with translations of individual words, no phrases and no grammar section. So very basic, but will be useful enough as a supplement to the Ukrainian Lonely Planet phrasebook which does have a grammar section and includes a fair bit of background/cultural information. I would highly recommend the Lonely Planet Ukrainian phrasebook.
Updated in May 2013: I have found that many words I have tried to find in this dictionary are not listed at all, and yes, I was spelling them correctly and looking in the right part of the alphabetic listing! So really not that useful at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless for a traveller, 27 Sept. 2010
I bought the dictionary for a two week working trip to Ukraine. I thought that having a dictionary would help me even a little with everyday life. I dont exactly know where the problem was but this dictionary was completely useless to me. It seems to lack the most basic words you would need. For example, it does not contain word "toilet"! I also tried to use it to decypher what cookies I bought were made of, whether the water I planned to buy had gas or not, and what the restaurant menu contained. Practically no words on these prints could not be found from this dictionary! Either this dictionary is very lacking in words, or the words in Ukrainian language are twisted always somehow to unrecognizeable form, or all the packages in Ukraine are in Russian. Either case I did not have any use of this book.

If you are planning a trip to Ukraine, forget this and get the Lonely Planet phrase book instead. That was very useful (and even cheaper)!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 29 Jun. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi, 18 Sept. 2013
It is very good dic.:) It has what I expected and it perfect for anyone who has same knowledge about the Russian or Ukrainian.