5.0 out of 5 stars The Picture Bible gets kids interested in God's word!
Published on 29 Sept. 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but definitely for children - adult version needed
This will do for introducing the Bible to children and new Christians. But it is by no means a study aid or reference to Biblical matters... it is more a simply spun version of events there.

Published on 26 Sept. 2009 by The Absolute Truth

5.0 out of 5 stars The Picture Bible gets kids interested in God's word!, 29 Sept. 1998
This review is from: The Picture Bible (Hardcover)
I first encountered The Picture Bible as a child of about 11 when it was given to me as a gift. I was fascinated by the easy to read, exciting stories and illustrations. The comic strip format was neither too childish, nor too "grown up" and the accuracy gave me a solid background until I was ready to cut my teeth on the real thing. More than 10 years later I am happy to see this book is still available and I have just ordered a copy for my nephew. It is a great teaching tool for children. I know from first hand experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to make the Bible come to life for a child, 16 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
As a child, I would sit for hours, looking at the pictures, reading the dialogue and soaking it all in. It was such a wonderful adventure for me, joining in with the heroes of each story, imagining that I was there. Now, I can be sure my children will be touched as I was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have Bible for children, 3 July 2001
This review is from: The Picture Bible (Hardcover)
This is an excellent book which provides children with a greater understanding of the Bible. I have read it all and we are now ordering a copy for my friend. Joanna Paterson (aged 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 26 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Picture Bible (Hardcover)
I bought this for my 10 year old daughter. She really loves it and reads a few chapters everyday. Its a good way to make children understand the stories of the bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Bible in existance, 27 April 2010
This review is from: The Picture Bible (Hardcover)
This is the best version of the Bible I have ever found.
Faithful to the original story and text, with accurate references showing where each story is grounded in scripture.
Sure it's in picture form, but this doesn't mean it's just for kids!
I have bought four of these for various children, but I own my own copy because it's so great.
Brings the Bible to life.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent buy., 24 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Picture Bible (Hardcover)
Exellent book. This edition is for age range 8-14. This book avoids the need to have violent or unessasary dramatics to tell the stories briefly in comic format. It is a great tool even for a young teanager to remind the reader of the main stories in the bile and their sequence. Also to give pearents an oportunity to explain the purpose for some of the stories being in the bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars for those who find reading a challenge, 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Picture Bible (Hardcover)
My son isn't keen on reading, so this book has helped a lot. It lends itself to the reluctant reader and has already resulted in him reaching the life of Moses with questions and "I didn't know that" comments. Highly recommend .

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! A Kid Friendly Bible!, 23 Feb. 2013
Socrates (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Picture Bible (Hardcover)
Wow! A Kid Friendly Bible! Words uttered by our youngest Grandson. It is brilliant. Kids love to read comics. Both our Grandsons love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cartoon Bible! RECOMMENDED!!, 25 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Picture Bible (Hardcover)
I love this, I had a similar one in black and white, and years later found this in colour. My son loves it.

It does not do all the stories, but a lot of them. More old testament than New; that bit is much shorter. We love the old one, cos its so BAD!! I love Ahab and Jezebel. My son asks for the 'old bit' when we read, he thinks that is the best bit. Definitely a book to start with, if you want to introduce the bible.

But actually for pure enjoyment, not to be 'convertory!!' This book does it all. Shows the bible in glorious colour and shows truth without being heavy and pushy, but a really enjoyable way; which leads the readers to be totally engrossed and literally making friends with all the characters in the bible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but definitely for children - adult version needed, 26 Sept. 2009
This review is from: The Picture Bible (Hardcover)

The problem is that, with Bible events, the meaning is in the detail... so the watered down interpretations of events on offer here dilutes or eliminates a lot of the meanings behind the actual events.

An adult version is needed with the blood/sweat/tears of the entire Bible.

The binding & dimensions are similar to a medium-sized hardback Bible which is nice enough on a shelf but awkward as a comic.

The Picture Bible
The Picture Bible by Iva Hoth (Hardcover - 5 Feb. 1998)