5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers What it Says on the Cover
Published 2 months ago by Dawn Swan

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite a thick book, but thinly illustrated
This is one of those books that is recipes and nothing else. The title says 650 but the description says 'more than 650'. Some are very brief but many are quite lengthy.

Published on 18 Oct 2010 by Andy_atGC

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite a thick book, but thinly illustrated, 18 Oct 2010
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: 650 Best Food Processor Recipes (Paperback)

I was hoping for a mixture of recipes and user-oriented advice but this is not that book. As with many books of this type, the authors are American, the recipes are also American and there are no included conversion tables or anything approaching that function, but the information is widely available on-line if you know how and where to find it. Buying a set of measuring cups, if you do not have them, need not be expensive.

On a personal level, there are probably no more than 12-15 recipes that I would be inclined to use and consequently I cannot consider it appropriate for my needs. In any event, most of the recipes seem to be oriented to a family of 4-6, or more, and that does not match my domestic situation.

If the recipes are of interest to you, it may be a good purchase at this price. If you need advice on making greater use of these machines, and by general opinion most are under-used, then this is definitely not the book for you. It isn't for me and hence it is being returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars not for everyday use, 9 May 2011
bookworm (devon,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 650 Best Food Processor Recipes (Paperback)
have to agree with the first reviewer.having just bought a food processor i thought this would be a good book to start with but recipes more if you do a lot of entertaining and are quite involved.also really miffed about there being no coversion chart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers What it Says on the Cover, 11 Aug 2014
Dawn Swan (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 650 Best Food Processor Recipes (Paperback)
There are basic tips for the actual use of a food processor, most of which even a newbie like myself will already know. Most of it is common sense anyway, such as knowing that the whisk attachment is only for eggs and cream, anything heavier requires the steel blade or the dough tool. I mainly wanted this book for inspiration and different things to get the best out of my machine and this it delivers in spades. I have used a couple of recipes already and am sure to be trying out a lot more in the future.

It is an American publication but these days it is easy enough to convert the measurements and most people know what the American term for certain items is. If not, Google is your friend.

3.0 out of 5 stars American version, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: 650 Best Food Processor Recipes (Paperback)
As I purchased this book from Amazon UK I did not realise it would be American measurements etc. Whatever I choose to make I have to convert cups to grams etc It is very frustrating. I would not have bought this book if I had known.

1.0 out of 5 stars no show, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: 650 Best Food Processor Recipes (Paperback)
This book should have been despatched over a week ago But it has not. Can some one tell me why ? and if it's not going to be sent how do I get my money back ?

650 Best Food Processor Recipes
650 Best Food Processor Recipes by Judith Finlayson (Paperback - 27 Sep 2010)