4.0 out of 5 stars Cheesecake Galore!!, 15 Jun 2011
Abdulla M. Al Qasim (Bahrain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 125 Best Cheesecake Recipes (Paperback)
I love cheesecake! I mean I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!
In the past I have always made the non-oven baked cheesecakes and that is how I got into cheesecakes! But then there were discussions about oven baked cheesecakes that pushed my curiosity and a few people began warning me that it was long and laborious process. After considering several books, I decided to go with this one and I am happy that I did. I don't mind the extra work and time to prepare something that when people try they shower you with praise and positive feedback as a reward for the extra effort.

I will be honest, I have only tried a couple of recipes and they turned out good, not great, I think I need more practice that all. But there are other recipes in there that I would like to give a go, but I have a tiny fridge that doesn't have plenty of space for me to freeze the base and then store the entire cake in the fridge! I am dying to try the oreo cheesecake and the chocolate cheesecake. But I guess that's my problem... nothing to do with the book, but it is holding me back from trying everything in the book and therefore making my review less informative and objective.

I will admit that oven baked cheesecakes do take more time and effort than then non-oven baked type, but nothing really backbreaking and the book does thoroughly walk you through the steps in a simple and understandable manner that is easy to follow.

All in all, if you are a cheesecake nut like me, then definitely go for this book and the abundance of recipes will ensure that there is something in there for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, 2 July 2013
This review is from: 125 Best Cheesecake Recipes (Paperback)
Disappointed with this book has the pictures are near the recipes will try out some in the near future.
Some of them are rather large to make and expensive

ARRAY(0xa3494edc)

125 Best Cheesecake Recipes
125 Best Cheesecake Recipes by George Geary (Paperback - 29 Sep 2002)
12.95