I enjoyed The Siren (book 1) but I didn't love it. The Characters annoyed the hell out me but the plot and the darkness was intriguing. So I was pleasantly surprise that I actually almost loved The Angel. It is even darker, even sexier and I actually liked the characters in this one.

The Siren was all about Nora and her story. The Angel was Soren and MIchael's stories. Soren is such an interesting and quite scary character. He isn't in book 1 much so we don't really get to know him to like him. But in The Angel we learn about him and his past and I think I may have feel in love with him just a little bit! I couldn't help it. He is all about being in control and having power but I liked it ;) Everyone seems to be drawn to him whether they liked him or not. And here comes the spoiler from the previous book. In book 1 we find out Soren is a Catholic Priest! I personally didn't find that shocking but I know people will. And when we learn about his past he is perfect at being a priest. He is devoted to God, he wants to help people so who cares that he has a kinky sex life with Nora? He loves her, he loves God. He isn't hurting anyone who doesn't want to be hurt. I have always said priests should be able to have relationships, just like reverend and vickers. That is just my personal opinion though!! Don't shoot me!!

Now, Michael, aw sweet Michael, he is introduced briefly in book 1. Soren saved Michael, after Michael tries to kill himself because he has submissive urges. So Nora takes him under her wing and trains him as a Sub. Michael really grows within the story. He finds out who he is and begins to love himself for it. And learns that just because he is doesn't want a "vanilla" sex life, it doesn't make him abnormal, that he is perfectly normal to have a kinky and safe sex life. And that people will love him for who he is.

The Angel is told from different POVs, Nora, Michael and Suzanne. Nora I did begin to like her. She is in the book a lot but there isn't as much told from her POV. But I felt for her during this one. She is missing Wesley and I believe even though she is loves Soren, that she is madly in love with Wesley aswell. Suzanne is a reporter who received a tip and starts to invesigate Soren/Father Stearns. And this is how we learn all about Soren and his life before being a Priest. At first I was wonderng what is the point of Suzanne. Couldn't we learn about Soren a different way but as the story develops we understand why Suzanne is introduced.

The Siren had an interesting plot line but The Angel, well that wins hand down. It was fast paced, exciting and so freaking sexy it hurts. However, it is a lot darker and I wished someone has warned me that Blood Play was involved. It turned my stomach. Each to their own. If that how people get their kicks than that is awesome. I'm pretty damn open minded. I just don't like blood so it put me off it a little.

Tiffany Reisz has created a fantastic sequel and an enticing, dark and dangerous world that will capture you and leave you begging and pleading for more. She is an amazing writer. Her words jump off the pages and you feel like you are watching a movie. I am so glad I have the next book, The Prince because The Angel ends of an amazing cliffhanger. Tiffany really knows how to tease her readers!!

If you have read The Siren, then get reading this one. And if you haven't read the series yet go now! They are not to be missed. But be warned! These are NOT romance novels ;)
on 13 November 2012
Ok I've finished the first two books (the Siren & the Angel) and cannot wait for my pre ordered third book 'the Prince' to be released on the 20th of November. Why? Soren of course! In the Siren we meet Nora, a heroine who is not a virgin, gasp; she is an adult woman who actually likes sex, hurrah! She is a strong female lead who has a complex life with lots of emotions involved. I adore all of her men (intellectual Zach, beautiful Wesley, hot Griffin & sweet Michael) but it is Soren I love the most and it is in 'the Angel' that we finally get to really meet him. He is the best of all the angst ridden, damaged Doms that are sweeping the zeitgeist because he actually loves Nora from the beginning and theirs is a relationship of equals (as much as a Dom/Submissive relationship ever can be). Their love affair is beautiful, complex and fragile so I'm really hoping they get a HEA as it would be the perfect end to the best love story I've read in this new genre....
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 25 September 2012
How I wish I could give more than 5 stars, this book is so delicious that if I could, I would eat it.

YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST READ THE SIREN FIRST, before any of the books in the 'original sinners' series.

This is the continuing story of Eleanor (Nora) and Soren, the 'world famous' dominatrix and her priest. The 'Angel' is Nora's name for Michael a very troubled young man who is 'given' to Nora for a night and then a summer at 'Griffin' Fisk's, palatial home.

We learn so much more about the sadist Soren, his background and his devotion. About Nora and her troubled past that shaped her. Soren has to send Nora away as he in line to be a Bishop and the clerical spotlight shines his way. Nora is sent with Michael to begin his training as a submissive and at Griffin's home, Michael and Griff begin to very gently and beautifully fall in love. With instalments from the incredibly sexy Kingsley and a reporter who is determined to 'dig the dirt' on Soren. The only one missing until the very end of the book is Wesley although Nora refers to him often.

I just closed the final page and feel so 'in' the story that it may take a day or two for my thoughts to become once again my own. It's the wonderful, rich and colourful characters, the depth of the story from each main character's perspective, the beautifully woven relationships, the emotional range these characters feel and of course the erotic, beautiful, damaging, liberating sex that occurs frequently throughout.

The sex contained in this book is explicit and includes some knife play which some may find disturbing. This is a book based on characters who indulge in kinky sex including multiple partners, rough handling, same sex relationships including anal sex and all aspects of BDSM. Basically, sex in all it's glorious forms!!!

I adored this book and cannot wait for the next instalment of the 'original sinners' series, 'The Prince' due out in November 2012 and concentrating on Wesley's story.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I absolutely loved The Siren so I'm not sure why it took me quite so long to get around to reading The Angel, possibly because I was worried that it wouldn't be able to live up to my expectations in spite of the many positive reviews I've seen for it. The only reason I'm not kicking myself for not reading it sooner is that I already have copies of the next 2 books so won't have to wait to read them. This is such a captivating series and I'm dying to know what happens next!

With a reporter sniffing around Soren Nora is forced to go against her instincts and leave him until the dust settles. Soren sends her to stay with Griffin and asks her to take Michael with her and train him to become a submissive. As much as she hates the idea of leaving Soren she really likes Griffin and Michael so spending time with them won't be a hardship. Leaving Soren hurts though and it reminds her of the pain of losing Wesley too. Soren is left behind to deal with the reporter Suzanne and try to make sure she doesn't discover his deepest darkest secrets.

I have to say my favourite characters in The Angel were Michael and Griffin, I absolutely loved the interactions between the two of them and they add a lot of sweetness to what at times is quite a dark story. The way their romance develops was wonderful and I could happily spend hours reading about them. I still find Nora hard to relate to and don't understand half of the choices she makes but that doesn't make me any less interested in what happens to her. She is one of the most complex characters I've come across in a long time and I can't wait to see what the future holds for her. I'm not sure I understand her obsession with Wesley though, the two of them are so different that I find it hard to picture them ever being together as a couple so it will be interesting to see what happens between the two of them in the future.

When I read The Siren Soren scared the crap out of me, if I'm honest he STILL terrifies me but I'm starting to understand him better now. It was absolutely fascinating to learn more about his back story and see what turned him into the man he is today and I actually started to understand why Nora and Suzanne were so attracted to him. There is definitely something compelling about his character even if his desire to inflict pain would send me running a million miles in the opposite direction! There is just something about Soren and Nora as a couple that works so well, it's like they are meant to be together even though there are so many things that should technically keep them apart.

Tiffany Reisz creates such wonderful but flawed characters, you may not always understand their actions but you will always want to know how things turn out for them. I'm really excited that Kinglsey takes more of a central role in the next book, The Prince, he has been a favourite character from the beginning and I'm really looking forward to learning more about his past.
on 1 August 2014
5 amazing stars! This book proves to me that this series doesn’t live from one book to the next, but is actually a well-thought, well planned story about several people that has been written into instalments. In book one the main focus was on Nora and Zach, with lots of information on their own individual backgrounds and how other characters like Soren, Wes, Kingsley, Griffin etc etc to complete the story. In this book, The Angel, the main focus is on Nora and Michael, a 17 year old boy whom she met in book 1 when he was just 15. If you haven’t read book 1 and don’t want to read spoilers, then its best to not read this review!
So…..the book picks up about a year after Nora goes back to Soren after ending her friendship/relationship/whatever-you-call-it with Wes. The main part of the story centres on an anonymous fax sent to a journalist – Suzanne, which lists the names of priests that are up for review to become the next bishop. Next to one of those names is a side note – <i>‘Possible conflict of interest’</i>, and yes, you’ve guessed it, that name is Soren’s. This sends Suzanne into a frenzy of investigation, assuming this ‘conflict’ has to be something sexual in nature since her own brother committed suicide after he was sexually abused by a priest.
As a result of the nomination to become the next big-wig and the subsequent media-interest, Soren sends Nora off to Griffin’s house, with Michael in tow with the instructions that she is to train him as a submission. Nora of course is reluctant to leave Soren for so long, but ultimately trusts that he knows what he is doing. With the knowledge that if Soren does get offered the promotion, she wouldn’t be able to see him again, she takes Michael to Griffin’s (the bisexual-playboy-trust-fund-kid) huge mansion outside of the city. This part of the story follows how the threesome get on….yes that’s all three together as well as Nora and Michael and then later the possibility of Michael and Griffin. As is typical, Griffin’s attraction to Michael is amplified when Soren forbids him to sleep with Michael. However, as the story develops, their feelings for each become more than lust and I really <i>really</i> enjoyed read about these two!
In the midst of that, Suzanne’s investigation leads her to Soren’s church and as you would expect, despite her hate of priests and the Catholic Church in general, she finds herself intensely attracted to Soren. The interaction between these two characters was great and very well written. His intimidation of her (his way of flirting I guess) was rather sexy and fun at times but what I loved more was how Suzanne’s investigation lead to her uncovering answers she never even anticipated. Like Soren’s parents, siblings and his relationship with them. How he became a priest. How valuable and good a priest he actually is in the community and finally, she discovers what this ‘conflict’ actually is - a nice twist and take I have to say!
Did I enjoy the book? Hell yes! There were slightly more detailed sex-love scenes, always a bonus, and the shock of the whole freedom with sex and their openness with their sexuality, was gone and I didn’t bat an eyelash when it came to the threesomes and everything else.
This is shaping up to be one of the most intriguing, sexiest series ive read in a while. My favourite part/moment:
<b><i>’”How are you, little one?” came Soren’s voice over the line.
“Lonely for a certain six-foot four blonde Scandinavian guy I know.”
Griffin started to go back to Michael’s room and Nora barred the closed door with her body.
“Anyone I know?” Soren asked.
“Alexander Skarsgard.” Griffin feinted to the right before attempting to duck under her arm…….
“I’m afraid I’m not familiar with the gentleman.”’ [Soren]</b></i>
5 stars!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I was of two minds whether to buy this book. The first one was so powerful I wasn't sure my sanity could cope with a rerun!! After reading several of the reviews on Amazon and speaking to various friends who had read it, I decided to download it. I'm glad I did.

The story follows on from a year after the events of The Siren The Siren (The Original Sinners) and we return to Nora and the various men that orbit around her. She is happy with Soren and although she has given up her activities as a dominatrix, she's found her place in life. She's content, although she misses Wesley desperately.

We are introduced in this book to Suzanne, a journalist with a tip that not all may be as pure as it appears in Soren's parish. With a background that gives her extra reason to hate the church, she's determined to ferret out what's going on beneath the surface. As a result, Soren sends the notoriously undiplomatic Nora and Michael, his young submissive, away for the summer.

The book is written in a very different style to the first book and although it was easier to read, I didn't find it as fascinating or as thought provoking as The Siren. Although it was a cleverly woven story, it didn't have the depth that the first book had. It lacked some of the magic, some of the raw power that the first book had.

While it made it a much easier read, I finished it with the peculiar feeling that it was more of an appendix to book 1 than an actual novel in its own right. I know that sounds weird, but book one is a big event. It's the central anti-love story and it's so cleverly written that it totally sucks you in. Book 2 has so much history in it that you almost feel like the point of it is to explain to you how everyone ended up where they were at the start of book 1 and to tie up the loose ends about where everyone ended up after book 1. It's like ancillary documentation to The Siren rather than a story in its own right. It's the tale of the characters' convergence on and divergence from The Siren.

That said, I really enjoyed it. I liked learning about how Soren came to be the way that he is. I like Michael's character and I adored Griffin. Such a cheeky chappie, I laughed out loud a couple of times at his antics. I thought the twists at the end were good too.

I will agree with other reviewers who were a little shocked at the blood play. Although it didn't bother me at all, I feel readers should be forewarned of the content.

Overall it was a good book and I'll be getting The Prince (book 3).

It scored a 1/5 on tears and a 5/5 on chillis.
on 10 February 2013
This the second novel in her series does not leave the reader disappointed in fact it leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat for more from Reisz. I fell in love with the series after reading the Siren, but boy does she give us even more here to captivate and fill our time. Not wanting to put it down until it is all completed I found my great love for Nora all over again and as she grows and develops through this series of books I find that she is more and more loveable even though her past is not one to be proud of. The author carries and pulls you through every word making you feel not only the characters but also the surroundings and the depth of the feelings that everyone feels for each other. Yet she manages to tease the senses and give you that little twist that you didn't see coming all of this leading and adding to the suspense you get when you read the last page and realise that for this book you have finished, but you want to carry on reading and find out where Nora is going next and the lengths and steps she will take to get there. Her path is always paved with ruts and pit falls, but somehow she works her way through and comes out the other side stronger and more ready to take on any challenge than she was before. I loved, loved, loved this book and can't praise the author enough for giving us a look into the world of not only Nora but Soren and everyone else who appears and grows throughout these books as their lives intertwine and mesh together. I know I will be running out to get the next instalment.
on 17 December 2012
What to say? There is so much wrong with this story and yet this is such a wonderful book, I just don't know where to start. I'm afraid that summarizing the story may put people off this book just because of the various taboos it tackles. And yet, allowing preconceived ideas of how people should behave and act to stop you from picking up this book - or its prequel, "The Siren" - would mean missing out on a very well written and fascinating story. Here is what it is all about:

Nora Sutherlin, author of explicit erotica and accomplished dominatrix has been back with her Master and long-time lover Sǿren for over a year, delighting in the way her sadistic Priest hurts her while yearning quietly for Wesley, the young man she sent away because she couldn't return his need for a vanilla relationship. When Sǿren's name appears on a short-list for a potential promotion to Bishop, Nora needs to disappear from his life while an investigation into his life and suitability for the job is being conducted. Nora will spend the summer with Griffin Fiske, a very rich, uncomplicated and carefree man with a penchant for short and steamy love-affairs. Travelling with Nora is Michael, the "Angel" from the title. Seventeen years old, Michael is a troubled young man. After discovering his need for pain and domination as a younger teenager he tried to kill himself when he was 15, convinced that he was abnormal and unworthy. After Father "S" saved Michael's life he took the young man under his wing and this summer will be Michael's introduction into the world of kink and life as a submissive. When Michael and Griffin meet sparks fly, but an order from Sǿren as well as the younger man's insecurities combine to keep them apart. And Sǿren and Nora have more to worry about than just his possible promotion to Bishop. A journalist called Suzanne, on a quest against Catholic priests who she blames for the death of her brother, is determined to dig up and expose the dirt on the Priest. This will be a summer during which all these characters will have to face up to their feelings, their own needs and those of others.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people out there who will consider this story, or at least parts of it, blasphemous. I mean, for starters there is the Catholic Priest who is also a sadist and in a dubious (to put it mildly) relationship with an erotic author. Some of the characters are so young that it makes you shudder to think about them being exposed to all the kink described in these pages. And yet, for me, the story worked. While the characters in this book may live a life-style which is completely foreign to most of us they are all fascinating and completely convincing as well as impossible to dislike. The dialogue in this book sparkles, the characters come to life and their issues are recognisable, even if the context might be foreign to us.

What I really like about this book, apart from the characters, the story and the steamy scenes, is that we are getting to know more about the background of all the main characters. Through the investigation conducted by Suzanne and the bits of information other characters share with each other we get a much better idea about who these people are, what they are feeling and what motivates them.

This is an amazing book. Yes, it is an erotic piece of fiction and quite graphic and unorthodox at that, but it is so much more. In this book the sex comes with a real and intriguing story. There is the threat of exposure for Sǿren's inclinations and his relationship with Nora but that doesn't really take centre stage. This story is about the characters and the (internal) conflicts they are dealing with. It is about Michael having to come to terms with the fact that he likes to be submissive and hurt, it is about Nora coming to terms with having lost Wesley, about Suzanne coming to terms with the loss of her brother and it is about all of them learning that in order to live an honest life you have to be true to yourself and your needs.

Today I discovered that Tiffany Reisz's website offers several free short stories all featuring characters from this series. The stories take place prior to events in "The Siren" but come with the advice to not read them until you've read that book. I haven't yet had the time to do more than discover those stories but am delighted that I will be able to read more about Nora, Sǿren and all the others in the time between now and November, when "The Prince", the next book in this series is due to be published.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Blew me away, that book. Absolutely blew me away.

Is it possible to be that smitten? is it possible to love it even more than The Siren? Yes. The Angel is the highest level of mind games imaginable. Don't mistake it for erotica, don't mistake it for a sugary love story, it's a thriller, it's a mystery, it will mess you up, it will make you crave more.

There is something absolutely diabolical about Soren. He tests and pushes your boundaries and makes you question yourself deeply. If Kingsley does it playfully, in a beautiful French accent, Soren is quiet, ruthless, sees far too much and goes straight for the gut.

The Angel is less about Nora and more about his past. This is also about Michael reinventing himself and Griffin and his wonderful butler. Oh, how I loved that butler! He stole limelight with his every appearance...

I don't want to give you spoilers, but there are some shocking revelations about Nora, Soren, Kingsley and even Wesley which help you understand these wonderful characters more deeply, there are gorgeous dialogues and scorching BDSM scenes, all beautifully interwoven with a twisted, layered story. As I said before, - you can not judge this book by your normal standards, and let's not even talk about trying to explain what's so good about it to people unfamiliar with Tiffany's writing *shuddering* If you read it, no explanations will be necessary. Tiffany's books are tantalising, and I am absolutely hooked on them and desperately waiting for more!

Recommended to those who think they'll like it and to those who think they won't.
on 26 September 2012
If there is one author this year whom has made an indelible impression on me then it is Tiffany Reisz. I consider myself a high maintenance, erotic romance reader. I want the complex rather than the fluffy. I want authors to seek out my boundaries rather than play it safe. I want characters to make thought provoking decisions or actions rather than be vanilla. Tiffany Reisz fits the needs for the extraordinary to a tee with her stellar writing skills and enigmatic characters.

The Angel is the sequel to The Siren and superseded my ever expectation. The sheer excellence in every aspect of the storytelling seeped in to my imagination and took me on a great journey. The deviant sexual tension and play between Nora, Søren, Griffin and Michael was arousing to read. The array of emotions and the character development made me laugh one moment, read breathlessly the next and cry in other moments. The layered characterization is stellar, each character was three dimensional in their personality and they became real to me. The past of Søren broke my heart yet at the same time forged a bond between the both of us and I didn't resist the magnetic pull he had. He is intriguing, complex and somewhat disturbing but I came to love every aspect of him! Nora is diabolic humor, love and wickedness wrapped up in such a strong personality. I admire her, her outlook on life, who she is and the deep, abiding love she feels. Kingsley still has so much mystery surrounding him but I loved him for it. I love a good puzzle and this man definitely is one! I also got to meet Michael; his growth in `The Angel' was amazing to witness and touched me in so many ways. His budding strength and sense of self endeared me. And then there's Griffin, for all his sexy joker ways there is depth in his heart and soul. By the end of the story he had me wrapped up in his charismatic ways.

Each of these character claimed a part of me in a way where it leaves me changed as a reader. The writing style of Tiffany Reisz flows very well, is also evocative and draws you in from the very first chapter. And what a beginning it was. The secrets of Nora, Kingsley and Søren are a lure all on their own! In `The Siren' there were hints but in `The Angel' secrets are revealed which are bloodcurdling dark, intense and just very sad. I loved Tiffany Reisz for it. For giving me the truth, painstakingly real and once revealed, right in my face for me to deal with on my own terms. It connected me to Søren and Kingsley in a way `The Siren' could not. The way, Tiffany Reisz advanced and explored their past was just a breath away from mind blowing fantastic! If, Tiffany Reisz didn't already owned me as a reader, she does now. There are lots of story twists many readers will love.

One of those story twists is, Suzanne, the reporter who wanted to reveal all. Suzanne's actions had quite an effect on me. At one moment I hated her, the next I sympathized with her and at the end I kind of liked her. The plot twist she fuels embarks the core cast on a journey, one I couldn't get enough of. Nora spends lots of time with Michael and Griffin. The carnal pleasures are titillating and various descriptive scenarios I read was like it got plugged right in to my senses. Chills, thrills, hot flashes and squirming in seat as a result. The eroticism read sophisticated sexy yet tapped in to all the dark desires of the characters and they owned it. Which was another reason for me to love them something fierce.

2012 is the year of Tiffany Reisz with `The Original Sinners' series which will seek out and perhaps step over your boundaries, aim for your heart and will give you new characters to fall madly in love with! The Angel claimed me from start to finish and marked me as a reader