Format: PaperbackChange

on 10 May 2014
Having made many Quilts in my time I was attracted to the Title .Fascinating the way the Story unfolded through making a Quilt out of her Daughters childhood Garments .Smiles , Tears ,and Family truths come to the surface throughout the Journey .Glad I read it .
on 27 March 2014
Susan Wiggs is skilled at making me, the reader, look afresh at myself. I felt every emotion that this mother and daughter felt on their journey. All but one of my children have moved on into their separate lives, and finally my disabled daughter will soon be leaving our family home. On the very day this decision was made I read The Goodbye Quilt. On every page was an example of my thoughts and emotions, all very cleverly put into perspective by the author. I look forward to reading more of her books.
on 11 April 2014
I bought this book because I quilt. I really enjoyed it. I don't have a daughter but this helped me understand just how my mother felt and the things that she went through when they drove me down to college. It is well written and gave me a tear on more than one occasion.
on 7 April 2014
I normally enjoy books by this author, but have to say on this occasion, it did not live upto my expectations. To be honest I got bored with the story line and couldn't wait to finish it (for the wrong reasons).
on 15 September 2014
Gave great Insight into a mother/ daughter relationship. The" letting go " was beautifully described. Transition following the separation very sensitively described.
on 27 January 2014
Me not Susan Wiggs I am working my way through her books each gives a message some little thought or word that makes a difference or makes you think
on 15 August 2015
This really makes you think of your own children growing up and being independent.
on 9 April 2015
Lovely read.
on 16 November 2014
good story
on 20 May 2012
excellent read would recommend this book very enjoyable what more can I say I have just started another one of your books.