4.0 out of 5 stars Not Cheesy
I wasn't sure whether to buy this one or not having read the two reviews However I'm so glad that I did I loved it Admittedly I love her medical thrillers,but what a pleasant change this one was You really get to know the characters Predictable? Yes Cheesy? No
Published on 4 Jun 2008 by J. Burton

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 out of 5 for suspense, 1 out of 5 for cheesey romance!
Published on 15 Jan 2004 by Danielle Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 out of 5 for suspense, 1 out of 5 for cheesey romance!, 15 Jan 2004
Danielle Hall - See all my reviews
I have enjoyed several of Gerritsen's other books, including The Surgeon and The Apprentice, but found this book a little disappointing. The Keeper of the Bride is a fairly good suspense thriller (with a bad title). It is well paced with one or two good twists, although with a slightly less than satisfying conclusion. My main problem with this book, however, is the developing relationship between the two main characters: it reads exactly like a Mills and Boon romance - predictable and cheesey. Although published very recently I wouldn't be surprised if this book was written much earlier on in her career - it reads like a first novel: promising but with underdeveloped potential.

3.0 out of 5 stars Suspenseful!!!, 21 Feb 2003
By A Customer
Like Tess Gerritsen's other books "The Surgeon" and "The Apprentice". Keeper of the bride keeps the suspense taught.
This one begins with an abortive wedding with a twist.. When the bride leaves, the church is blown up by a bomb that was set to go off during the ceremony. Here, however, she falls into cliché land with the detective investigating this latest terrorist linked bombing who ends up questioning the bride to be and then finding himself drawn to her(YAWN).
However, despite the clichés, I couldn't put the book down and finished it in one sitting. All in all, not as good as the two previous books, but well worth a read if you have a couple of hours to spare, especially in a departure lounge!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Cheesy, 4 Jun 2008
J. Burton (Mottram Hyde England) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Love Tess Gerritsen?, 26 May 2010
Susan Mcbride "reading mania" (grantham ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Paperback)
Love romantic novels? Read this book. Love Tess Gerritsen? Love gripping and detailed crime novels? Love the usual Tess gerritsen suspense? Love a book you can't put down? DON'T read this book!!!! This is an early novel by Tess Gerritsen, one of a few recently re-published. They shouldn't have bothered. It lets her down terribly. No real plot, a romance which is obvious from the first pages and really nothing happens. Hard to believe Tess Gerritsen would want this re-published.A poor Mills and Boon, with no substance at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeper of the Bride, 6 Dec 2010
Very disappointing.
If I wanted to read a Mills and Boon or Harlequin Romance I would have done that.
In my opinion, that is all this is, just a glorified romance novel and not even a good one at that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mills and Boon, 18 Mar 2013
Very, very disappointed to say I did not enjoy this book at all. I thought I was reading Karen Rose but at least Karen has a decent murder story going on at the back of the Mills and Book love story. Why have you gone down this road???? Both Bride and Cop were totally pathetic.

As an avid fan Tess Gerritsen it does not fill me with joy to rate this one star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeper Of The Bride, 9 July 2011
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Paperback)
This is the first Tess Gerritsen book that I have read, and while I will look out for more books by her, I did feel that on the whole 'Keeper of the Bride' was slightly rushed.

We are instantly thrown into the throes of the story and from the first page the reader is left guessing just what is really going on. However, for me, I felt that the entire story was told in too fast a pace, which is something I rarely say, as I like fast-paced stories rather than ones just plod along. I just didn't feel that the pace quite worked with this one, and it could have done with being padded out slightly more.

Overall, the story is quite good, and while not particularly edge-of-your-seat stuff, it did make me want to read on and discover the real reasons behind what was going on in the main character's Nina's life and why. The ending of the book for me was a little disappointing, as it felt quite abrupt, so again I would say this is where the book could have done with being lengthened out slightly.

Keeper of the Bride is one of Tess's earlier novels (first published in 1996) so, while it is a good effort, I am hoping that her later works will be much more thrilling and full suspense.

1.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and cheesy. Definately cheesy!, 11 July 2010
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Paperback)
I have read most of Tess Gerritsen's books. I have to say this sticks in my mind as being one of the most cheesy, ridiculous books so far. Tess, either stick to crime thriller or write Mills and Boon. Bringing the 2 together reads as cheesy and ridiculous. It takes away from the credibility of the entire story and just becomes a predictable romantic novel. I honestly considered not bothering reading any more Tess Gerritsen books after this one but having seen the reviews of the latest Rizzolli one, I will give it one more go. If you like a meaty story with credible characters, don't bother with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not dissapointing, 3 Oct 2013
As always with Tess Gerritsen, very good reading - loved it. Lookingt forward to more to download to my new kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read as always, 30 Mar 2010
K. Falconer (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Paperback)
What can I say, I just love this author, her style and how the characters come to life. The only problem is, you have to finish the book...........then its a waiting game till another release!

Highly recommend

Keeper of the Bride
Keeper of the Bride by Tess Gerritsen (Paperback - 1 April 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01