5.0 out of 5 stars This series just keeps on getting better and BETTER!!!
This book is the secon instalement in the "Glass" series. If you haven't already read the first one then click this link-Storm Glass (Opal Cowan Trilogy - Book 1) (MIRA)
The second book continues straight away from the first and shows Opals struggle to get people to believe her about Ulrick and Devlen. But when everyone she trusts turn their backs on her she has to...
Published on 16 May 2010 by Rebecca_21

2.0 out of 5 stars not the most thrilling Part 2
If you managed to finish the first book, and it drove you mad with Opal's indecisiveness and how easy it was for her to switch emotions - this book will torment you more because it is just slow..slow! The author keeps refering back to the Study series and it makes me wonder why I am reading such a poor substitute, i want to read the Study series again!
Published on 21 Mar 2011 by Mushroom

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Snyder (Recommended), 5 Mar 2010
Mrs. Patricia A. Kerswill "Pat Kerswill" (Warwick, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sea Glass (Glass 2) (Paperback)
I recently read Sea Glass by Maria V Snyder and found it to be an excellent escape into fantasy, extremely well written and the book cracks on at a fast pace, no pun intended, as do all of this writer's previous works including the Study trilogy and the first in the Opal Cowan trilogy, I now eagerly await the third story of Opal and her doings.
PAK.

5.0 out of 5 stars absorbing!, 31 May 2014
It is a great book. Contrary to expectations, the main character isn't almighty - as it often happens in other fantasy books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series, 14 Feb 2014
Times aren’t getting any easier for Opal. Her unique glass messengers have become a vital part of society. But now dangerous factions are trying to gain control of them for themselves which would mean control of Sitia and Opal herself.

Opal is still meeting resistance when she tries to prove the existence of blood magic. At every turn she is faced with doubt and even begins to doubt herself. Family, friends and mentor deny its existence and Opal fears no one will ever believe her until it is too late. She has no idea who to trust and but in the end Opal must take a leap of faith.

Whilst I haven’t fallen into this series with loving abandon like I have with other works by this author, I do really enjoy Opal’s series. It is more of a slow burner than a roaring inferno and I find myself thinking a lot more about these books. I am constantly wondering what will happen next as the plot twists and turns.

Opal is a wonderful character. She is passionate and driven and sympathetic. I really felt for her when no one believed her about Ulrick and Devlen and rooted for her throughout the book. I cannot wait to read the third and final instalment of this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sea glass, 24 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sea Glass (Mass Market Paperback)
Not enough depth in her writing. Very surface. I kept wanting more out of the book. Ok if you want a light read

3.0 out of 5 stars book, 27 Nov 2013
S. Flynn (nort east england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sea Glass (Glass 2) (Paperback)
bought for someone and in the absence of any feed back i take it to have been suitable etc etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to read this book, 20 Oct 2013
Arrived in great condition. After reading the first book in the series as well as the previous Study series related to this, I can't wait to have time to actually read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sea glass, 30 Sep 2013
Wonderful cant wait to read next one hope she keeps writting more as they are different and imaginative and keep you on the edge of your seat

4.0 out of 5 stars touch of power by maria v. snyder, 15 Sep 2013
So far its a fantastic story i love the author keeps u wanting more. I look forward to reading more of author.

3.0 out of 5 stars Opal Cowan Trilogy, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Sea Glass (Glass 2) (Paperback)
Having read book 1 I just had to read the second book.....and the third. Good story which kept me engrossed. My only complaint is that it ended!

1.0 out of 5 stars TW abound, 28 Jun 2013
I read both this series and the study series on my sister's word, and I have to admit never have I been so disappointed by anything she's recommended to me.

It's clear from Poison and Magic Study, as well as Storm Glass, that Snyder is a somewhat talented writer. My main issue with this book stems from two points.

1. Opal. She is indecisive and, frankly, fairly stupid at times. She consistently misses the blindingly obvious in order to progress the plot, and changes her mind and emotions seemingly on a whim.

2. This book at times made me deeply, deeply uncomfortable to read. To be blunt, this novel contains rape by false identity, and it is glossed over. We are told the character reforms, we even have a plot convenient soulfinder to "prove" it, but I can't buy it. The rape occurs after the "redemption" event, and is poorly handled throughout this and the next book.

Sea Glass (Glass 2)
Sea Glass (Glass 2) by Maria V. Snyder (Paperback - 1 Feb 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01