5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinarily Excellent, 7 Mar. 2013
Fantastic play. Just Fantastic. I read it so often and find myself re-considering a few of my positions on some of the issues.

Following Sir Richard Rich's apparent perjury against More, I love More asking the "court" about the new Seal Rich is wearing (a Seal of office and a great promotion which Rich proudly displays) and whether More may examine it. The court tells Morer that Rich is appointed Attorney General for Wales) and of which More states: "Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his whole soul for the world .... But for Wales???"

The point is ... ?

5.0 out of 5 stars a play for all seasons, 2 Jun. 2014
Dr. P. N. Davies (Bath UK) - See all my reviews
There are many editions of this play. What distinguishes the Modern Classics version is the introduction by the playwright. You might not agree with Bolt's account of his own adaptation of Brecht's 'alienation' technique, but, unlike many authors, he writes coherently and persuasively about his own work.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kindle version, 22 Jan. 2014
Know this play well - saw it at the Theatre Royal Newcastle years ago, taught it in my teaching days. I bought this edition after reading "Wolf Hall". Variety of viewpoint is important to history and true to life.
My point in reviewing it here is to praise the Kindle book. So easy to read,to pick up and put down. eBooks will never replace books - but for me, in this past year, since I bought my tablet, they have become a vital part of my life.

Three Plays FLOWERING CHERRY, A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS & THE TIGER AND THE HORSE
Three Plays FLOWERING CHERRY, A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS & THE TIGER AND THE HORSE by John Whiting, Henry Livings Robert Bolt (Paperback - 1963)
Used & New from: £0.01