Published 16 months ago by Mrs Sophie Seex

3.0 out of 5 stars A praise of his father
It's a book which is a praise about Chogyam Trungpa his father and this thread is repeated again and again. I just couldn't read it because of this. However he is a great teacher and I particularly like his video and song on you tube called "what about me". Don't let me put you off buying the book as each to their own will find.
Published 13 hours ago by partyparty

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the most insoghtful and thought provoking books I have ever read ... reading it uplifted my spirit, 24 May 2013
This review is from: The Shambhala Principle: Discovering Humanity's Hidden Treasure (Hardcover)
Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche manages to combine a spacious and fresh writing style with subjects of immence depth and importance. This book illuminates how as individuals we create our world and offers the meditative path as a means of discovering that at our root we can relax and be uplifted by our innate goodness. It poses the question - are we creating enlightened society or un-enlightened society? Both ethereal and practical, this has left me contemplative, inspired and hopeful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timely relevant wisdom, 12 Jun 2013
This book proposes something outrageous: that we look to perceive human nature as basically sane and good. With the level of blame, hatred and aggression exhibited in the world today, it is a bold request. Sakyong Mipham explores this proposition, not with naivety, but through a thorough analysis of the human experience. He offers anecdotes from his own and his father's life, drawing on ancient wisdom traditions, but clearly showing how the question of human nature is one of the core decisions facing us today. The book challenges presumed epistemological hierarchies, elucidating with immense clarity the mechanism that
can crack open our hardened experience towards ourselves, others and our world - allowing insight, compassion and wisdom to become the drivers of our actions. Although Sakyong Mipham comes from a Buddhist background, his message is beyond religion. It is rooted in our shared and very human experience. This book points out a simple yet powerful tool inherent in all humans.
The Shambhala Principle is certainly of relevance to educators or anyone interested in social change, but is highly recommended for all. It might be one of the most important considerations of our time.

3.0 out of 5 stars A praise of his father, 17 Sep 2014

The Shambhala Principle: Discovering Humanity's Hidden Treasure
The Shambhala Principle: Discovering Humanity's Hidden Treasure by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche (Hardcover - 20 Jun 2013)
14.26