5.0 out of 5 stars Such a clear and Kind book- Don't be put off by the title
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit Nazi like!
A bit Nazi like! The best advice would be to talk to the school counsellor if you are having problems- not to choose a book first
Published 4 months ago by Sally

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a clear and Kind book- Don't be put off by the title, 26 Nov. 2013
I would recommend this to any parent, but particularly if you are at your wits end with behaviours that you can't seem to address. This book has turned our relations around. I catch myself full of love for my children, where before I was full of exasperation and in moments desparation,. It is clear with simple examples that are relevant and applicable. I want to read it again but even with one read through I could apply handy concepts like the 'Saturday box' and find clear results. My two girls seem happier and have a more harmonious relationship with each other aswell as with me. Can't recommend it highly enough. And this is coming from someone who foreswore parenting books as a bad bunch!
There is also a handy list of books at the back including one on sleep 'solve your child sleep problems' which I would also give 5 stars too. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child, Revised and Expanded 2nd Edition: Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm, and Respectful Bound (Paperback)
I have a strong willed 5 year old, and found myself in battle on a daily basis.

This book taught me that we are extremely alike and neither of us like being controlled.

It was also good easy reading and I like the references to actual family problems.

Since completing this book and following the processes to set the limits family life has been great, I now really look forward to spending time with my daughter and it's so much better.

25 continual days of not temper tantrums and a calm household.

Thanks so much

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. From the first paragraph you feel you are ..., 9 Feb. 2015
Highly recommended. From the first paragraph you feel you are not alone. Practical advice to follow and make you think about your approach.

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit Nazi like!, 26 Jan. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful, 13 Dec. 2013
This book did everything it promised and more. So clear, easy to read and exactly what I needed. Saw immediate results and they've continued - had helped to change things for us.

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of date theories, 3 Oct. 2014
I am disappointed that Time Outs are encouraged in this book - a separation or time alone can be great when the child needs a breather but Time Outs, while infinitely better than hitting, are just another version of punishment by banishment and humiliation. They are not as effective as positive discipline to encourage good behavior.