5.0 out of 5 stars Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards)
Brilliant at helping my son tell the time only draw back is the money is US Dollars and not Pounds and Pence but we are getting round this
Published 8 months ago by LEIGH DOUGLAS

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
beware the money displayed on the cards is in US CURRENCY ONLY. Not much help to my 5 year old here in the UK.
Prehaps if she ever goes to the US or we adopt the US currency I might fine a little less disappointing
Published on 1 Nov 2008 by Avon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 1 Nov 2008

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Even In The States, 2 July 2009
Ursula K. Raphael "AstraDaemon of The Zombiep... (USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) (Cards)
I bought these cards to expand on my son's basic recognition of money, and learning to tell time. While there is some educational value with these cards, they are not at all what I was hoping for.

The time cards are double-sided with both a traditional clock face and a digital clock face, which I thought was a plus. The problem I had is the lack of specific time increments. I wanted cards that showed the position of the hands hourly, half-hourly, and quarterly (ex: 6:00, 6:15, 6:30, and 6:45) for each hour of the day. These time cards inlcuded random increments such as 11:20 or 1:05.

I encountered a similar organization problem with the money cards. While the cards that show the front, back, and value of $.01, $.05, $.10, $.25, $.50, and $1.00, the rest of the cards were simply not very useful for establishing basic monetary value. For instance, there was a card with a combination of coins that added uo to $.79. I would rather have had cards showing that two dimes and a nickel are equivalent to a quarter's worth, and so on. There was only one card like that which showed four quarters equal one dollar.

I don't recommend this deck for beginners, but perhaps advanced beginners. I found My Book of Easy Telling Time: Learning about Hours and Half-Hours and My First Book of Money: Counting Coins more useful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Education, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) (Cards)
I have to say I was very disappointed with this pack of cards, the 'times' cards were good, but when I looked at the 'Money' cards.......THEY WERE IN AMERICAN MONEY....... It did not say anywhere about the currency being in American dollars etc.... This is no good to my 6yr old living in the UK. I can't return this product either as I am bed ridden, so I feel like I have been fleeced!
I bought a lot of these card games subtraction, division, fractions etc. so I could do something educational and fun with my daughter whilst coping with my illness. Ggrrrrrrr!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) (Cards)
Currency in US dollars and I was expecting UK pounds! Time cards also very disappointing... For instance 1:05 is labeled 'one-oh-five' and not 'Five past one' as we would say in England! They won't be much help to my five year old and will probably go straight in the bin!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd read the reviews!, 17 Mar 2013
L. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) (Cards)
I clicked to buy this set as I was buying others from the same series. It never occurred to me that I should check the stars and reviews of them all. The currency is US dollars and cents :-(
Waste of my money and it would cost more to return then they are worth. My own silly fault for not checking.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am not American!, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) (Cards)
THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN POUNDS AND PENCE! The cards themselves are very good quality. The major problem I have is that the money element relates to dollars and cents, I wanted pounds and pence.

The time cards are ok but there is not much of a time selection.

Overall I am very unhappy and feel that it should state that the currency is American.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) (Cards)
My 3 year old was really looking forward to learning about money and these flash cards were a treat, I'm so annoyed that it's American currency when the description says English. Really unhappy with this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) (Cards)
Disappointed , purchased in uk, but " money " on these flash cards is American dollars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dollar money is of no use to British children!, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) (Cards)
What a rip off! Being sold by amazon.co.uk!!!!! The currency is in dollars so half the pack will have to be wasted for a long time!

1.0 out of 5 stars LOOK AT COVER PICTURE CAREFULLY IF YOU'RE BRITISH !!!!!, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) (Cards)
FOREIGN CURRENCY but they don't tell you this in description so USELESS IN BRITAIN. Wont send back because of cost so useless now....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards)
Time and Money (Brighter Child Flash Cards) by School Specialty Publishing (Cards - 29 Mar 2006)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available