Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 December 2011
You get a whole lot of different rhythms to read, every bar is different. The idea is to read from the start to the end of each exercise, although you can of course repeat any bar that's really tricky. It's a good buzz when you've read an exercise correctly. Applies to percussion (obviously) but also guitar chord strumming, and single note playing on any instrument. For best results, use every day with a metronome.
on 12 November 2014
Great book for learning to recognise music timing
on 27 April 2016
Good book. awesome for jazz learners.
on 27 December 2015
100% satisfied with my purchase
on 24 October 2011
Really gets your sight reading going. I play drums in a big band and wanted to improve my reading, I haven't been using it long but it's working already. Useful for comping ideas and general fooling around too!
on 16 November 2015
Great book
on 14 December 2014
Perfect
on 20 October 2013
There's a lot to get to grips with in this book and it will take me some time to work through. However, I believe that if I persevere, I shall be a better player by the time that I reach the end of the book.
on 3 January 2013
The guys were looking for this book by Louis Belson. I said I can get it quicker on the net. So I did and they are pleased with my effort
on 22 October 2014
I think it's good. I'll let you know if I ever learn to read music