5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for those who want to get closer to God
Published on 11 Mar 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars shallow
This is a disappointing book. I had expected a deep evaluation of the role of fasting in the history of the praying church. This was lacking. The writer makes a leap from the 1st century church to the Protestant reformers as if nothing had happened in between. He cites John Wesley's practice of fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays but fails to acknowledge that this has been...
Published on 8 Mar 2011 by Anne Power

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for those who want to get closer to God, 11 Mar 2002
By A Customer
I read this book when I was 15 years old, now I am 16 years old and I still find this book inspiring. I used to be a 'casual christian' but I am glad to say that I feel that I am moving on to greater hights. I never knew that the simple yet quite difficult act (for me) of fasting and praying could yield such astounding results in a person's life as well as other people's lives. I recommend this book to Christians who want to move away from 'Christianity as a religion' to a Christianity as a way of life. It will change your perspective on Christianity as a religion to Christianity as a dynamic journey to know God more and more each day. God has not just left us to face dangers, he has given us tools to break the most strongest of strongholds. This book will show how to do that. Mahesh life experiences are also extrodinary.(Also read Only Love Can Make A Miracle that is a remarkable book.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Feb 2002
By A Customer
OK, Bought it, read it, tried it and.......WOW IT WORKS! This guy knows his stuff, it opens up a whole new realm of your prayer life which you didn't know was there (and yes I do know how to pray...and every day). Prayers are sharper and more defined and you actually feel (without wishing to sound at all hairy fairy pie in the sky etc.,) more 'connected' and closer to God and His will. If you are thinking about buying this book, don't think BUY IT! Oh yeah, next time you thank God for your food after you've fasted believe me you'll really mean it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical tips about fasting and praying!, 1 April 1999
By A Customer
In the past, fasting has been one of the most misunderstood topics in the Bible. Now it is one of the clarion calls to the Church today in her preparation for the great end-time harvest. As an international evangelist, Mahesh Chavda has proven the powerful results of Spirit-led prayer and fasting. He has seen untold thousands healed, saved, delivered, and even raised from the dead by the power of God through obedience to fasting and praying.
In this book, Mahesh Chavda shares from decades of personal experience and scriptural study principles and practical tips about fasting and praying. Not only does it benefit us, but it is also part of our call as Christians. It releases the power of God for total victory over any circumstance and against all odds! For every believer who desires to minister in Spirit-birthed power, Mahesh shows how in a lifestyle of prayer and fasting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for practical and spiritual help!, 9 Feb 1999
By A Customer
Mahesh Chavda has done what he writes about so much that you know he knows what he is talking about, and the miracles and answered prayer that follows will encourage anyone who desires to press on in this Christian principle. Mahesh not only gives the practical steps, but shares humorous and fun stories on the situations that occurred while he fasted. A must reading for those who want to walk the walk. Already in its 2nd printing after 2 months!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought 3 for christmas presents!, 31 Dec 2008
H. R. Neill "Heather Neill" (Lisburn, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting (Paperback)
This is a great read with practical as well as spiritual insight into fasting. It reminded me of how important this part of our Christain life is and I have started to put it into practise. I bought it for some friends as presents and they are equally impressed. Get this book and move deeper into the things of God for this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 26 July 1999
By A Customer
Mahesh speaks from experience and NOT theory. I have known Mahesh for over 5 1/2 years and he is for real. Read his life story, Only Love Can Make A Miracle... it is his life story. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Practical Advice, 2 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting (Paperback)
Great practical advice on prayer and fasting that I haven't heard from anyone else. It has helped me in my walk with God and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 10 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting (Paperback)
Wow! Who would have thought that pray and fasting can be so powerful? Christ himself says that a specific evil spirit can only be removed by pray and fasting. The same can be said about putting our requests to God through Christ who strengthens us. Coming to Him after a period of pray and fasting shows our committment, faith and love to Him.

This book will help you to fast, will help you to understand why you need to fast, and will show the benefits of fasting. This is not a "quick fix", but a change of lifestyle, for the better. There is no sales jargon, just honest, simple truths.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting (Paperback)
I loved this book, I strongly believed in the power of fasting. I am not a religious person, however I am very spiritual and I loved this book. I will be purchasing some more of this authors books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 Nov 2013
I found the item very useful and I had no problem with it and I did not wait for it too much but exactly the time suggest at the time of the purchasing. thank you

The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting
The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting by Mahesh Chavda (Paperback - 1 Jan 1998)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available