5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Read
This is a bit different from David's previous books (of which I have all), in that it's done in short stories followed by recipes. I love Paris and wouldn't have been without this one, David's observations on his life as both an American and Pastry Chef in Paris had me laughing out loud on more than one occasion. Some of it I totally associated with, as Paris is one of my...
Published on 20 July 2009 by KM Cook Book Queen

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh no
Published on 23 Aug 2011 by Gee Em

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 1 Nov 2012
A lovely book full of wonderful anecdotes and delicious recipes. It really transports you to Paris and perfectly captures the very distinctive Parisienne character. If you like 'foodie' books I can thoroughly recommend this one. Bon appetit!

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat Book, 14 Sep 2012
G B Othen (Lechlade, Glos United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a fun, funny book. It is great at bedtime when you just need a little delicious relaxing reading. The recipes are enticing too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lebowitz rocks!, 14 Jan 2012
Love David's writing style: witty, sharp and pithy. ...every page had me chuckling. And the recipes? A bonus. Buy this book - it's a literary treat!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sweet Life - and funny too!, 15 Dec 2011
I hadn't heard of the author until I found a recipe crediting him and leading me to this book, and what a joy it was to read. The cover says it all - to be read with a cup of coffee and cake for sure, preferably to be read while slouched in a low arm chair (the one that has been sat on so much that the bottom needs rewebbing)on a lazy sunday morning. I shared David's life, identifying with some things and identifying the situations. I love this guy, he knows how to laugh at himself in a good way, I like the opinions given, I like the look of the recipes, a good read when you need to be cheered up. The book is one of those that you hurry to finish and then feel a sense of loss when it is finished. What more could a foodie reader want - another book by David Lebovitz!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Have fun reading, 3 Nov 2011
I enjoyed this book very much,the whole story of moving from the States to Paris, laughing at comments on Parisians but also on American tourists! It's nice to have fine recepies also to try and cook yourself after reading the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read as well as a good recipe book., 23 Sep 2011
This book is a great read in itself as well as an interesting cook book. I was directed to David Lebovitz via Nigella Lawson - who mentioned him on her website. The Sweet Life in Paris is an intriguing and funny account of the author's life in Paris and his handling of difficult situations and Parisians themselves. I loved the way the book was interspersed with recipes relating to the chapter and can't wait to try some of the recipes - especially the dulce de leche brownies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Left me wanting more of the sweet life........, 19 Aug 2011
The Sweet Life in Paris leaves you wanting more! I love Paris and visit as often as I can so happily devour any books about this amazing city. I loved this book for its gentle humour and fabulous recipes. It doesn't try to be anything it isn't and really comes across as a genuine account of David Lebovitz's life in the city he loves. Left me wanting to know more about David in some ways - he came across as self-deprecating, sexy and funny and I suspect everyone wants him to be their new BFF! A book you can pick up as and when you have the chance so ideal for holidays, daily train travel etc. I love books on travel and I love books on cookery so this was a real treat!

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh no, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious--And Perplexing--City (Hardcover)
So, for a chef moving to Paris it would sound like a match made in heaven. But, with this book it doesn't. Whilst the stories touch on being interesting, there is no real depth and this could be forgiven. My biggest issue are the recipes. They range from being a little complex to being simplified to the point of idiocy. Cut a large tortilla into triangles. Brush these with oil and put in the oven for 20 minutes and you get tortilla chips. I mean honestly..... Hence the two stars, the book is a little bit of everything and a lot of nothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrumptious, 21 Aug 2009
Mr. Jonathan E. Stanley (Cumbria,UK) - See all my reviews
An enticing journey through Paris sharing the authors love of place,food and time.A visit to Paris will now include much more then the Eiffel Tower !!
A lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 23 Jun 2014
REally enjoyed reading this book - highly reommended, I really identified with some of his stories as I had similar experiences when I lived in Paris as an expat in the early 90s

Used & New from: 7.07