5.0 out of 5 stars A book everyone in the NHS should read and act on!
Published on 27 Feb 2004 by J. L. Keating

2.0 out of 5 stars Vegetarians beware
Although much of this book is useful it is of very limited use to vegetarians. The questionnaire at the core of the book only applies to meat eaters so you cannot identify your 'type'. The writer tends to dismiss vegatarian diets as unhealthy without exploring the options avaailable to vegetarians to compensate for possible limitations to a vegetarian diet e.g. Omega can...
Published 21 months ago by R D Havard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A book everyone in the NHS should read and act on!, 27 Feb 2004
J. L. Keating "cyberjanet" (The Hague, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Metabolic Typing Diet (Paperback)
I came across this book when I was searching for information on metabolism. Mine had shut down. I was gaining 1 kg a month without gym, 1/2 kg with gym. I was sleeping through the day as well as through the night. I had no energy whatsoever, and it was quite clear that my food was not fuelling me as it should. Yet my blood tests and thyroid levels were all quite normal. I bought the book and did the self test. I came out as a protein type. So I stopped eating my controlled calorie low fat diet and started on red meat, cream, butter, oil. What a turnaround. I now stay awake all day! I can actually do things without needing a three hour nap! I've even lost a very small amount of weight, but that fades in importance compared to the improvement in energy. Your internal metabolism not only controls how you react to the food you eat, but also to vitamins, minerals, and other supplements. I don't know how anyone can be a nurse, a doctor or a dietician without knowing this stuff. I think a regular metabolic typing test ought to be compulsory for everyone. Regular? Yes. Your metabolism can change, especially when you start feeding it the right food. There's a lot more to this book than just the self-test, and it's all worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best few pounds I've spent in years!, 4 Dec 2002
This review is from: The Metabolic Typing Diet (Paperback)
Anyone interested in health and fitness should obtain a copy of this book! I am fascinated by nutrition and constantly working with my clients to achieve the best results possible. Many people reading this will be familiar with the good old food pyramid detailing the proportions of the various nutrients we should eat daily. To be honest, I was never totally convinced by this 'one size fits all' approach. Metabolic Typing offers the chance to easily tailor a person's nutrition based on their individuality. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A life-changing read for fitness/diet/medical professionals, 20 Jan 2002
By A Customer
Do you think you know how to use nutrition to help improve the quality of your customers' health?
Until you read this book you aren't even scratching the surface.
William Wolcott explains how traditional and alternative medicines use a 'one-size fits all' approach that never treat the cause, only the symptoms. This is why so many people become the silent majority that the above practices fail to heal.
This book will open your eyes, change your views of the products we eat and help you become a successful professional in your field if you follow its principles.
Enjoy. James Williams, Personal Fitness Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars metabolic typing, 26 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Metabolic Typing Diet (Paperback)
Following the negative and pointless reviews regarding metabolic typing; it would be impossible to notice any benefits when only trying the system for 2 days?!! Lets get a perspective on how nutrition and the body's metabolism actually works. Nutrition builds a better body thats no lie. There are no quick fixes especially none that could actually work within 48 hours! "A blood cell lasts 60-120 days, in 3-4 months your whole blood supply is completely replaced, in 6 months all of the proteins in your body die and are replaced, even the DNA of your genes. In a year all of your bones and even the enamel on your teeth is replaced, constructed entirely out of the nutrients you eat" (Dr Micheal Colgan. This point alone should stand out and tell you that nutrition is a process like a project,just a suggestion for negative reviewees do your research thoroughly before hand.

This book does state that is not a prescription to superhuman health in the short term; but if you stick with the program that suits your metabolic type then you should see improvements. Anyone who is thinking of trying this form of nutrition should consult a metabolic typing practitioner, so that your diet and nutrition plan can be updated effectively. Their tests are much more conclusive and give a better indication to what metabolic type you are. Also one thing to remember is that your type can shift and if you dont address it you may get ill as your body will not be getting the right balance of macro-nutriants that it needs.

Right moan and lecture over, this is an incredible book the information is well researched and the results of metabolic typing speak for themselves!! I've read many other books with similar ideas and concepts but none of these books address the complexities of the bodies reactions to nutrients like this one, it is years ahead of any material out there within this area.
Another positive to the book is that I found it to be completely unbiased with its views to carbohydrates, fats and proteins.

Bill Wilcott captures the mind with his style of writing I found this book very easy to read and great when referring back to it, it also had a good reference list which lead me to further reading which is always helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 May 2009
Maxine Greenwoo "Max" (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Metabolic Typing Diet (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, lots of very interesting information and all made a lot of sense. I wasn't sure about eating only certain kinds of foods but in saying that there is so much choice to choose from so that wasn't a problem after all. So far I can really see the results of following the nutrition and I have heaps of energy so for me the book is excellent, no calorie counting or portion sizings just eat the recommended foods for your type until you are satisfied, easy!!! I would recommend this book to anyone not wanting a so called restricted diet, just one that is very easy to follow

5.0 out of 5 stars everything you'd know about nutrition but are affraid to ask..., 28 May 2010
P. Koscielak (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Metabolic Typing Diet (Paperback)
if you're looking to improve your wellbeing, suffer from a chronic disease or just need more energy, this is one book that will give you a lot of answers. In a manner of speaking, it'll help you find yourself and give you tools to stay healthy, feeling and looking good.
happy reading

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, do not buy kindle edition......., 5 Jan 2012
This is a fantastic book. Everything here makes TOTAL sense. I have spent 12 years of my life as a vegetarian and another 5 years following a paleo/primal diet and neither of these were right for me. I cut out gluten, ate raw dairy, ate 100% meat, ate no meat, did fruit fasts and the rest..........I fine tuned and fine tuned my diet listening to my body again and again, but still could not achieve the results I wanted.

This book has confirmed to me the idea that different people need different diets. I have always been totally confused as to why people living in Arctic regions could survive and thrive on a high meat and fat diet and people from the Indian sub-continent could thrive on a vegan diet.

I have seen outstanding examples of both these extremes; take Mark Sisson, who advocates the Primal diet (high meat and fat) and Andreas Moritz who has eaten a vegan diet for 25 years for instance - both amazing men, both totally in sync with their diet and health, both coming from COMPLETELY opposite spheres.

And the diet debate rages on......so it makes perfect sense to me that we have to look deeper into the body for answers, sometimes very deep.

Some of the science in this book was hard for me to understand, but once I grasped the overall concept I didn't really need the science to hammer it home. Whichever books I read I always say to myself, would this ring true as much today as it would for primitive man? and the wonderful thing about metabolic typing is that it is relevant to ancient knowledge as well as sitting happily in modern science, the two complement each other, which is a very rare thing in this day and age.

Everyone is unique and therefore needs a unique health care 'system'. If we know we are of a particular tribe or clan then eating our 'original' food would probably get us there, but today we come from so many backgrounds, for the typical British person - well, can we be totally certain of our roots? Also, modern lifestyles with toxins and artificial lights etc. has rendered traditional wisdom all the more complicated to replicate. Hence the metabolic typing solution, it bypasses extraneous conditions and gets to the root of things through analysing various systems in the body.

I am a mixed-type, I took the test and found out that I need specific carbs, proteins and fats in COMBINATION with each other. The 20 year diet puzzle for me has been solved.

ONE THING TO REMEMBER - DO NOT BUY THE KINDLE EDITION AS THE QUESTIONS ARE UNREADABLE - MANY SECTIONS IN THE QUESTIONNAIRE ARE COMPLETELY MISSING. I really do not understand why the publishers didn't check this out when they published the Kindle Edition! Such a shame.

But I am so interested in this theory, I am going to see a metabolic typing therapist and have my complete profile mapped out anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ground breaking!, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Metabolic Typing Diet (Paperback)
This book is such an essential read, you need to know your metabolic type! It will totally change your life you will feel amazing as i did when i found out what i should be eating. Well done Dr William Wolcott.

5.0 out of 5 stars All makes perfect sense..., 13 July 2013
This review is from: The Metabolic Typing Diet (Paperback)
I purchased this book first as a Kindle ebook and while reading it realised I had to have the hard copy in order to get the best value from the information so purchased that as well. I have not been disappointed.

This book resonated with me on so many different levels as I had already reached the conclusion that the information given out by the diet and weight loss industry was addressed to a general rather than an individual audience. It sets out a sensible, structured and easy-to-follow way to make effective and lasting changes on an individual and personal level.

Doubtlessly, however, their will be folk who need support to make the changes and also while they are making them but I felt able and confident to follow the structured process set out in the book.

With the plethora of advice that is 'out there' about what best to eat for this, that, or the other, one can very easily become confused and disillusioned about it all and so find it simpler to stick to what one is already doing as no change is registered from following this general pathway.

Completing the questionnaire in the book puts you on a different platform by highlighting the fact that we are all different to each other and so, foods we eat, although healthful in general may make some of us sick. It is the ultimate starting place to finding what is right for YOU not what is purported to be so, using GENERAL parameters.

I woke up to this realisation some time ago, sought help and advice from a Nutritionist and gained a better understanding of food-combining, for example. However, I eventually found myself back at that point where I was felt I was not being 'treated' an individual and went on a quest to find a source that would help me to attain that goal.

'The Metabolic Typing Diet' did it for me, though personally I feel it should have been called 'Eating for Your Metabolic Type as I have issues with the word 'diet'

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 24 Feb 2010
S. Downes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Metabolic Typing Diet (Paperback)
I found it very easy to read, for a scientific based book. There is a test as to what your 'type' is which confirmed that I am a carbo type. I have switched to the proportions that it states and haven't looked back. I have lost weight and it really feels that I'm not on a diet, rather I'm eating quite a lot of food, and more of a life change - for the better.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb60af6a8)

The Metabolic Typing Diet
The Metabolic Typing Diet by William Linz Wolcott (Paperback - 5 Sep 2002)
10.32