The Finish Rich Workbook
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£9.71+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 23 March 2010
I bought this because I wanted to see what a financial-planning 'workbook' would look like in practice. I am a financial-planner and am interested in interactive structures that help clients take control of their financial affairs.

Overall, I would say that it is very thorough and the structure is undoubtedly a help for the extremely self-motivated individual who is determined to get their finances in order. The text is peppered with americanisms, some of which don't translate very immediately into a UK framework, but on the whole most of the book is quite relevant.

As someone who deals with 'normal' investors on a daily basis, I would criticise the book for its length. It is a BIG exercise to complete the whole thing, and if one were to skip sections (eg. 'The FinishRich File Folder System') on the basis that life is too short to create thirteen labelled folders at the commencement of the process, I would then worry that I had missed something of strategic importance.

I think that this book works for a rather select group of people who are extremely self-motivated in this area. For most 'normal' folk, I would guess that something that was conceptually more straightforward, and shorter, would be more helpful. Having said that, given the generally crapulent nature of the nation's finances, I do welcome the kind of approach that David Bach has taken here. He does deserve some kind of award!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again