Format: Paperback|Change

If you're like me, one of those who thought tofu was made from the brains of vegetarians, you'll be very pleasantly surprised by this wonderful book. I was amused and bewildered by the delightful array of colourful and often magical tofundly concoctions. I actually received this book as a present, being a kitchen snob someone obviously thought it "up my street". They got it bang on! I'd recommend this book to anyone who takes their cooking seriously, or who would like to entertain a veggie guest with something a trifle more appealing than veggie lasagne! I thought I'd read what others have said, but finding no reviews felt compelled to add one of my own. If you fancy a little of something different, or are new to being a veggie, make this book your first stop! Blend tofu (as a substitute for cream)with frozen fruit to make fabulous smoothie milkshakes...this wickedly simple breakfast recipe alone is reason enough to buy this book!
0Comment|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2013
Not entirely a bad book, but not suitable for vegans, as many of the recipes contain dairy produce and meat stock, and it was a shame this wasn't stated before I bought it. It does state however, 'Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone' despite some recipes containing chicken stock, so not the full 75 recipes for me then! Presumably, you're meant to replace chicken stock with vegetable stock, but why put it in a vegetarian book in the first place? Also, you'll be hard-pushed to find some of the ingredients in the UK, unless you know where to look, and have the time and money to do so. For example, I don't have tamari, roasted peanut oil, Lan Chi Chilli Paste or Creamy Nut Butter Sauce to hand in my cupboard. Very frustrating. The quality of the paper and printing isn't that great either - the book is floppy and the paper flimsy. I went through the procedure to return the book, and have been given a refund - I am also allowed to keep the book - they don't want it back!! Ah well, it'll soon be car-booting weather..
on 23 January 2013
I bought this for a friend's husband who says he hates Tofu & ended up buying one for myself too. It's a great book. I loved Tofu to start with & this has given me more ideas. My friend's hubby has grudgingly said it changed his opinion too! :-)
on 15 September 2015
Excellent. Have only made about 20 of the dishes but they were all pretty simple to make & easy to follow instructions.
on 17 December 2010
this is an absolutely superb book which explains tofu in all it's wondrous shapes and forms, the recipes are a delight

also a good read is this:-

World Cheese Book
on 16 January 2011
This is one of the best Tofu books
that I have ever read,thank you!!!
Your service is second to none.xx
on 19 January 2012
From the picture of this book on the web it promised lots. However when delivered was was poor quality. The cover and paper were cheap and cheerful. I brought this for a present, but was too embarressed to give it. Certainly would not have brought it in a shop. Expensive waste of money.
on 20 June 2015