4.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious and enjoyable
Published on 22 Jun 2012 by Peter2

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is simply not worth nearly 12.00
Published 17 months ago by Seamus the famous

4.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious and enjoyable, 22 Jun 2012
I have enjoyed the Imager books so far. The system of psionic powers that underpins the background to these stories is well worked out, although there is one large inconsistency. In the first 3 books of the Imager portfolio, the Imager has to sleep alone because of the danger to his sleeping partner if he images in his sleep. There has been no sign of the need for this in the present book. That apart, the system holds together very well. The plot was sufficiently complex to maintain my interest throughout, the main protagonists just about escape being over-simplistic, and Vaelora's character shows signs of developing nicely. I'm looking forward to the next one.

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is simply not worth nearly 12.00, 20 Jan 2013
I have read all of Modesitt's books they are great I have them in hard copy. I travel a lot and so use my kindle. I also enjoy reading books more than once. As the new book is out soon I thought I might remind myself of the story. I reluctantly pre ordered the next book in kindle format for the exorbitant price of just short of 11.00. Why is it that ebooks cost more than hard copy? That has to be crazy. Come on Mr Modesitt stop being greedy, your fans deserve better. I am afraid that until the prices drop to become more reasonable I for one won't be buying any more of your books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Modesitt book, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Princeps (Imager Portfolio) (Mass Market Paperback)
This is part two in the second Imager series, coming after Scholar, continuing the life of Quaeryt and his efforts to make the lives of imagers better .. and just to survive.

5.0 out of 5 stars The prequels to Imagers, 6 April 2014
Lionel Aldridge (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Princeps (Imager Portfolio) (Mass Market Paperback)
These are better than the 1st set of Imagers which try too hard to be complex, look forward to next

4.0 out of 5 stars Gordon's Review, 16 Oct 2013
Gordon Muirhead (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This novel continues the career of Quaeryt and as usual Modesitt builds a full character foreground and background. There is a sort of formulaic approach to this (and in other series by the same author) and on this occasion it did not have the normal resonance. Can't put my finger on it, but as a continuation of a prior 'good' novel, this lacked a similar sparkle. However, I shall be purchasing the next two books in the series when they are available in the hope of returning to a more gripping standard.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 8 Aug 2013
Katy May (West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love Modesitt's books and was looking forward to this one. However, I felt it was rushed and rather formulaic, the moral quandaries were less interesting than usual and the characters less compelling. A shame

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 23 July 2013
John Dean - See all my reviews
This review is from: Princeps (Imager Portfolio) (Mass Market Paperback)
Latest book in the Imager Portfolio series.
A great story about a strong character. You really need to read Scholar to fully appreciate this book.
What a great author L.E.Modesitt Jr. is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought a Gift, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Princeps (Imager Portfolio) (Mass Market Paperback)
Bought this book as a gift for a friend. They love this author and have raved about the book. Dispatch by seller was quick and book a described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much in the vien of most of Modesitt's other novels, 19 April 2013
Barrie Winnard (UK) - See all my reviews
If you liked the "Recluse" series the you should enjoy the imager series. I like the way Modesitt introduces some interesting philisophical questions. life the univers and everything like Douglas Adams but more seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 6 April 2013
Brillant book I love this whole series, it is a greT read with real depth in its charactrer and story

Princeps (Imager Portfolio)
Princeps (Imager Portfolio) by L.E. Jr (Mass Market Paperback - 17 April 2013)
6.92