Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 26 June 2013
I am amazed at some of the negative comments about what I consider to be a brilliant book!
Fast paced, original, easy to read (it does jump around a bit so you have to concentrate to follow the story), each chapter left you on a cliff-hanger (as any good book should), what is there not to like about it?
Written for kids? Rubbish, with the content of this book it is for adults only.

Yes, I wish it was a little bit longer too (as others have said) but it never loses its pace or the readers interest.

Great story, as I said, very original and a damn good read, I sincerely hope Rick doesn't stop with just this one book, for his first attempt this is brilliant, I love it.
More please Rick, you have the gift (like Mr Wake) so come on, where is the next one?
on 4 July 2014
So....Alan Wake. I have played and completed the video game which has an amazing story in my opinion so I figured that I should get the book.

I absolutely loved it. I could not put in down once I started so this was read in one sitting.

You may think that the story is already there from the game and all Rick Burroughs had to do was stitch the game events together but I don't think this is as easy as it may sound. Rick does an amazing job. It never feels like filler and it definitely keeps you turning the pages. This is Rick's first novel so I'm even more impressed.

Even though I already knew what was going to happen it did feel different to the game in some ways. For instance I wasn't previously a fan of the character of Barry whilst playing the game but I really like how he was portrayed in the book. The humour present in the dialogue between Barry and Alan made me grin so much.

The only less than positive thing I will say is that readers that haven't played the game to completion may not fully understand the ending.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 October 2014
This is a fantastic adaptation of an instant classic. Rick Burroughs should be proud of what he's accomplished here. Yes, it's a near identical adaptation, but you have to credit the man for doing such a brillliant game/story justice with his own take on the narrative and back story. Impossible to put down.
on 20 September 2014
I have to agree with others who said the books feels like it was written for children, but I couldn't put it down and it was Rick's first book so I'm giving it 4 stars. I have played the game but haven't finished it and I didn't really like the ending of the story. Oh well, it was a good read anyway.
on 5 July 2010
basicly a literary version of the game, good pacing, good product knowledge, captures the role of wake nicely. its slightly too short for my liking because it couldve gone into much more detail historically about the town and other characters histories and idiosyncrasies,which the game could not, which would have added to the atmosphere and pain that u would feel when these ones are converted into Taken (rusty for example)
if u havnt bought the collectors edition copy of the game, then buy it because it will go along nicely in adding to aspects and depth to the game and book that otherwise would go missing and u might feel lost in some areas. (i have alan wake products to sell also)
im a big fan of this new IP and hence would recommend it to anyone.
on 4 April 2016
Well packaged, quick and clean
on 29 October 2015
great product, great price
on 16 May 2014
This book is actually good and it is worth reading it. The only issue u had with it, was the second half of the book, seems Mike the author rushed through it to end it in time. A pity indeed, but still a good book
on 19 January 2014
love the game, love the book, was really pleasing to read and would recommend it to anyone to purchase or read
on 22 April 2013
This was something I brought for my partner as he loves playing the game... I might however have borrowed... It is a brilliantly written story and I love it :D