4.0 out of 5 stars Great read
This book is a great little read, the individual stories were just enough to wet the appetite, I was familiar with some of the authors and their books, as these are the kind of books I like to read.
I would recommend this book to anybody who likes Urban Fantasy books.
Published 17 months ago by JAW

The names on the front cover were all very recognisable, and I did think that this was an antho of unpublished short stories of kick-a** females, and whilst yes, it was the latter, it wasn't the former in every case.

Published on 4 Sept. 2011 by Roroblu's Mum

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Chicks Kick Butt (Mass Market Paperback)
I would recommend this book to anybody who likes Urban Fantasy books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, but most tales are from series, so I couldn't quite jump in and get them all..., 4 Sept. 2011
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Chicks Kick Butt (Paperback)

I've definitely read the 5* Jenna Black tale in another antho, as well as at least one of the others (didn't rate it either time, can't remember the author), but most are from existing series/worlds that the authors have created, and so, to be able to jump right in and enjoy them, you'd be better off having read others in the series.

Most of them worked for me, but the Susan Krinard one I couldn't finish, nor the Carole Douglas Nelson or PN Elrod ones, and this is despite my enjoying some of their previous offerings. Perhaps it's because they've moved away from their normal genres?

Glad it was on offer at the library and not something that I forked out on, as it's not cheap, and sorry, not a Keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Anthology of Tales, 5 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Chicks Kick Butt (Paperback)
Chicks Kick Butt edited by Rachel Caine is an anthology of stories by various authors. Basically we all know chicks are the best! This books stories all have strong female heroines in them.
I decided to give each story a star rating out of 5:
Carole Nelson Douglas 3/5
L A Banks 4/5
Susan Krinard 1/5
Nancy Holder 2/5

I love reading anthologies as I find it a cheaper way of trying new authors you haven't previously read. You can also catch up on your old favourite characters in the novellas that the authors do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Chicks Kick Butt (Mass Market Paperback)
A great collection of some of the best women's fantasy writers around. This book has introduced me to some great new authors

Chicks Kick Butt
Chicks Kick Butt by Rachel Caine (Mass Market Paperback - 15 Jan. 2013)