Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 6 August 2014
I love the Safehold series though this book is a bit inconclusive, I wanted more of a definitive end to this part of the story. As the span of the story expands it's sometimes hard to keep track of who's who. I think the story has become driven by events rather than being character driven. To my mind that weakens it overall, but nonetheless I'm sticking with it, I love the arc of the story and the concept. I hope character leads in the next book.
on 8 June 2014
Finding the series has become so padded out with technical detail and pontificating that it's really tedious to read I found myself skipping pages at a time - I did that right at the end without realizing I'd inadvertently finished the book...
The concept is great and it started so promising - but it's devolved into a money spinning padded out series. It very much needs to return to the initial pace and format of the first book.
on 10 July 2015
I'm not going to wax lyrical about how good this book is, nor wreck the plot lines. If you enjoyed this book and haven't read the earlier ones in the series, go do it now. If you haven't read the Honour Harrington series, well, go do that too.

Me, I've done both of those, so am going to read the next in the series. All I have to do is figure out which one that is :)
on 28 December 2013
Very slow as someone else mentioned we seem to be experiencing the story in real time !
At this rate it's going to take a couple of hundred years to finish.
Author keeps re capping everything , I begin to get the feeling he is just spinning this out !
The first in the series is very good the second also , but seem to go downhill from there.
Shame
on 14 August 2015
Another in the Safehold series and another step for Merlin, Cayleb, Charis Et al. The story continues and the Group of Four take their battle against the Charision Empire forward only to meet yet more innovation dreamed up by the ever resourceful Charisions. Each new bok just makes the next in the series more looked forward to.
on 24 May 2013
Once again Mr Weber does not disappoint. the story moves along at a good pace and character building goes with the usual panache. Want the next instalment as soon as possible but also want the next Harrington story as well so cannot be greedy.
Thoroughly recommend this book as well as all the other Safehold books
on 26 January 2013
You can read the premise and reviews of the content of the book elsewhere.
Personally I like the book. What I like more is the quality of the book itself, the cover is excellent and book construction feels sturdy. I would say that it's well worth the extra money to buy this compared to paperback version...
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2013
I would really like to read this book as i have been a massive fan since off armagedens reef, but £27.99 for a book is so expensive. And there's no kindle edition either which is surprising.

If you havent read the other books you, i would definately advise you too as they are quite good.
on 23 March 2015
This is the sixth in the series and I have now just read this and the previous 5 BOOKS for the 4th time I.m now starting number 7 Like a Mighty Army and September can.t come soon enough for the release off number 8 Hells Foundation Quiver.
on 19 June 2014
No action at all, a non ending boring saga. Pity because it had good beginnings., but even the best wine is no good if it is diluted too much