Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 August 2001
Moonheart was my first introduction to Charles De Lint and I was instantly captivated. Having met the kind of characters who begin to seem like friends and having sadly said goodbye at the end of that book, I was more than delighted to become reacquainted with them in Spiritwalk.
Tamson House remains the place of mystery and spirit as in the previous book. The story led me through excitement, pathos, sadness, joy and as before - the dilema of the "read it in a sitting" story and the unwillingness to leave Tamson house and it's residents behind.
Spiritwalk continues the story of Sara and Blue and Jamie's presence continues to speak through the house computer. Other characters take up the legacy of Tamson house and fight both personal challenges and for the survival of the the magic of the house.
I read Charles De Lint with the hairs often standing on the back of my neck and a sense of deja vu. I leave with a feeling of having been uplifted from the mundane of day-to-day stuff and the reminder that not only children can view the world with enchantment.
If you've read Moonheart you must complete the tale with this book. De Lint as ever weaves magic.
on 27 February 2002
I am a big fan of Charles De Lint and this was the second book of his I had read. It is one of those books that brought magic into my life. Whenever I feel down it is a book I can escape into and know it will make my day brighter. His knowledge of folklore comes through as in many of his books.
on 11 August 2001
Spiritwalk takes us back to Tamson House after the events of Moonheart, reintroducing Sara, Jamie (yes, really) and Blue, and introducing more characters resident in the House as well as others drawn to it by events which take place in the story. The story hops between this world and others, and shows how misuse of power can affect many things. The House is threatened, and the tale hinges on this and how those resident - and others - are affected. Once again, we are led to think about and respect the world around us and encouraged to take responsibility for our actions by the events in the story. Well worth a read!
on 13 April 2012
Part of the Moonheart series of celtic-style fantasy stories which I personally found gripping and with quite unusual storylines. Not a bad end to the series although I wish he would continue this line. Personally I found that having started reading it I could not put it down.
on 30 May 2016
Like all books by Charles de Lint this is amazing and un-put-down-able. Have just purchased for my Kindle. Have had a "paper" edition for many years !
on 9 November 2013
I'm a fan of de lint anyway but I really enjoyed this, it's the type of book to take you out of yourself and I loved it.
on 2 May 2016
The usual excellence from the writer, fabulous book
on 8 June 2015
Great stuff from the Master!
on 26 May 2011
I did not read this book as on the first page it clearly says it is a sequel to another book which I should read first. This annoyed me. I wish sequels advertised they were such on the cover. Now I will have to buy the first one before i can enjoy this one. clever marketing, perhaps, but still annoying.