Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 January 2013
So many questions answered but twice as many new ones that need answering.

A definite must read for halo lovers.
on 10 November 2012
I liked this book even more the second time reading it. Answer lots of questions about the franchise. Can't wait for more.
on 8 March 2013
This has to be one of the best books that I have ever read. It has action, comedy and a great short-lived. Thumbs up. :)
on 16 December 2012
A good read that really draws you in, can't wait to read the rest of the series, but their not all available on Kindle.
on 26 December 2012
I can honestly say that this is a must buy for any halo fan who is interested in the lore. I can't wait for a sequel.
on 25 August 2013
It was a great book and it met my expectations I would recommend it to anyone who has recently played halo 3.
on 27 June 2012
This book is pretty awful. I had written a pretty in depth review of why, but it didn't save and I don't wish to waste anymore of my time on this book than I already have. This will be brief.

I have been a Halo fan for the last 10 years and so I was very torn when I saw a new Halo novel by the name of Glasslands sitting on the shelf in front of me. Torn because I have read/played everything in relation to Halo (and loved all Halo games/novels) and so had to read this, but I had already taken an oath to never read another Karen Traviss novel after the hatchet job she did on Gears of War. My love of Halo won out here, and so I read it and was thoroughly disappointed....

Plot holes, canon inaccuracies, appalling characterisation (can someone please explain to me the point of Devereaux?), and a general leave of her senses as a human being while writing this book. Focuses wayyyy to much on addressing the questions nobody cared enough to ask. Pretty clear author had never even heard of Halo before writing this book, didn't even bother to try and properly research the Halo universe before putting pen to paper. There are a few points where she seemingly tried to engage the fans (I'm guessing Rooster Teeth spotted impending doom and tried to avert it by giving her a few pointers), but fails miserably.

My advice is don't read this book. Instead wait for 343 Industries to realise what a horrible mistake they have made by allowing Traviss to write Halo, and then wait for the reboot of this book and read that instead. Or wait for a fan re-imagination of this book, I would read that. Of course if you're a Halo fan like me you will have no choice but to read this against your better judgement regardless of how bad you already know it will be.
on 21 November 2012
the first book of kilo five team. very very nice. and you need to buy if you wonna understand halo
on 30 January 2013
A perfect sequel (kinda) to the Ghosts of Onyx. Cant wait to start the next one in the series! :)
on 5 April 2016
This is not the squeal to Ghost of onyx you are looking!