Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 October 2012
A great book overall.answers alot of questions concerning the elites and ONI.even though there wasn't much action i pesonaly did not mind.Lots of bad reviews from stateside.they don't understand traviss writing style like us brits.MUST HAVE FOR ANY HALO FANS.
on 9 October 2015
A good, but not great book considering the fallout of the human covenant war. A good, but not great read if you are wanting to fill some gaps between Halo 3 and 4 (And 5...). All in all a very firm four out of five stars, in other words good. But not great.
on 20 March 2014
If you're a fan of the extended Halo universe, this series is fantastic and this is obviously the place to start being book one. If you want more background to it go read Fall of Reach which complements this and is the start of another 3-part series.
on 25 August 2014
Well written. Excellent plot and story archs. It will be much better received by fans of the Halo universe I've no doubt. Probably a good idea to read the Halo novel Ghosts of Onyx first as this flows directly from it.
on 5 January 2013
griping and mind warping completely answers so many questions left in the story so far has had me on the edge of my seat for nearly a month now due to my reading rate but still keeps me coming back
on 6 August 2012
It arrived on time. No damage or creases. I recommend you get all the books. They are a good read and although it is nerdy... Get the soundtracks. It really adds to the enjoyment of reading.
on 8 May 2012
I dunno if it is too harsh but that's EXACTLY how I feel, upon having read the novel more than once. In retrospect, there's nothing wrong with the writing itself since Karen, as usual, delivers on that front; The issue is with the writing FOR the characters themselves.

I don't want to delve into spoiler land or anything but suffice to say, there's this paradox feeling overall, concerning how some of the characters and rivalries are depicted; One of the characters, in particular, apparently deserves to be compared to real life historical figures, such as Stalin, Mengele or even Hitler I think, while others, who were ALSO responsable for the atrocities(?!) they accuse the former of, receive a free pass. Again, the mind boggles to say the least... I actually doubt there's a SINGLE individual who read the Fall of Reach, by Nylund, who won't find repulsive that one of the human baddies in said novel is all of the sudden considered a big time war HE-RO.

I'm still a fan of Karen Traviss, having also read the Gears Of War and Republic Commando novels but her treament of the Halo universe feels like a massive disappointment, especially after everything Greg Bear has done with the Forerunner Saga. If you're a fan, I still recommend it but if you read the previous novels by Nylund, prepare to either skip a lot of stuff or just cope and learn to stomach it.
on 5 August 2014
If you are like me a halo fan then you must read they's books they a great read and a must buy for eney halo fan.
Even if you are not a fan of halo they's books are still great read.
Always been a fan of the Halo universe this is perfect pulp (go in not expecting High Art and you wont be disappointed) and sets things up nicely for Halo 4's story line...
on 8 December 2011
Present for my brother, very happy item as described and shipping was ever so quick. Am a happy customer and will purchase more if service is this good again.